Liter bikes...

nochknstrps

I didn't mean for this to be a pissin contest between people with 600s and 1000s, but oh well. There are many reasons why someone would prefer a liter bike over a smaller bike. I just wanted see what the neh sayers to having a liter bike because you can't use all of its power would consider using all of its power.

Casper, NinjaNick and Lizard made good points as to what it would be to use all of its power, the rest of you, mostly 600 riders just turned it into a dick measuring contest and I bet most of you haven't spent enough time in the seat of one if ever to to even justify critizing.

So with that said I say you're mostly too chicken shit, affraid that with your lack of throttle control you'll just loop the bike.:thefinger: The 600 is safe for you and thats alright, just don't cut on the guys with the balls to push their limits. Sure there are the idoits that shouldn't even be on a big bike or a bike at all. There are guys on 600s that are the same way. Don't lump all of us liter bike riders together, some of us actually have the skill to leave your ass in the twistes and its not because you're on a smaller bike. :grin:

I hope what I posted didn't come off as a pissing contest or anything, I thought I was just commenting on how people like me don't ride 1k's because unless I'm the next Rossi (which I sure as hell ain't) there's no way I'm going to use all 1000cc's of that bike. I wasn't trying to go dick-to-dick with anyone, I was just offering up the idea that some people like me choose 600's because of our physical nature/stature (the opposite of the really tall guys that hate the cramped 600's), and not because 1k's are stupid on the street or something.

I hate a lot of the useless bickering too, and I hope I wasn't inadvertently adding to it....

• Replies 183
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I hope what I posted didn't come off as a pissing contest or anything, I thought I was just commenting on how people like me don't ride 1k's because unless I'm the next Rossi (which I sure as hell ain't) there's no way I'm going to use all 1000cc's of that bike. I wasn't trying to go dick-to-dick with anyone, I was just offering up the idea that some people like me choose 600's because of our physical nature/stature (the opposite of the really tall guys that hate the cramped 600's), and not because 1k's are stupid on the street or something.

I hate a lot of the useless bickering too, and I hope I wasn't inadvertently adding to it....

Don't apologize to him...he's the king starter of pissing contests!!! Fuck'em!

*600cc fo' LIFE*

Don't apologize to him...he's the king starter of pissing contests!!! Fuck'em!

*600cc fo' LIFE*

:lol: I still gotta watch my ass on here, I can't be starting any shit, accidentally or otherwise. Now that everyone here knows I only weigh 3 cents short of a buck-thirty, all my e-thug rep is shot to shit. :eek:

well im 6 foot and weigh 180ish closer to 200 with gear. and i also have a bike not know for lots of power and known for being a bit porky. that being said ive also passed 1000's on the track. and been passed by guys on one wheel on the street. i dont personally need more power. im still afriad of my bike. and thats what keeps me in check and now that ive done 12000 miles on my bike i know that i wont ever NEED the power of a liter bike. though ill probably move up to the 675 or 750 for its torque and street manners.. i prefer twisties.. i ride a 600. some guys prefer wheelys.. they ride liters and some just want to be on two wheels.. it all depends on what you want the bike for..

Ha, dude no need to be apologetic. If my post came off as if I was pissy, I wasn't. I just had alot to say cause I pretty much read all the post at once and I typed it with a smile on my face the whole time. I'm just a smart ass and I like to push buttons. But don't get it twisted, I'm like 6'7" 245 solid :beating:, thats why I ride a liter bike.

thinking.... on a smaller bike it can be WOT and concentrate on everything else. A good way to learn. On the larger bike, it's all that plus throttle control. Hard for even experienced riders to accommodate. Granted, the modern high compression light weight 600s are all that too. But therefore, liter bikes even more so. Even if one is heavier and one is lighter, the location of the center of gravity alone can even things up through the corners.

What was the point of this thread? Oh yeah, why a liter bike... If you go for a "big block" and maximize the torque, you get one hell of a fun ride. Sure, it's a bit hard to keep the front wheel down, but it can be done. Or on the other hand, it's fun to lift the front wheel. We're back to throttle control...

Need a liter because you are using a cool sounding yet horribly inefficient v-twin motor.... Hence why my 550cc I4 has almost as much punch as my 920cc V2, but will never make that thump-thump-thump sound....

Otherwise you need one because:

1. Penis too small

2. Too fat to accelerate 600cc bike to lethal speeds

3. You want to take passengers to hell with you, lots of them. And luggage.

Of course, mocking owners of large displacement motorcycles is fun, but probably I should get away from this PC and go ride instead.... (besides, I want one too, for reason number three, mostly...)

well im 6 foot and weigh 180ish closer to 200 with gear. and i also have a bike not know for lots of power and known for being a bit porky. that being said ive also passed 1000's on the track. and been passed by guys on one wheel on the street. i dont personally need more power. im still afriad of my bike. and thats what keeps me in check and now that ive done 12000 miles on my bike i know that i wont ever NEED the power of a liter bike. though ill probably move up to the 675 or 750 for its torque and street manners.. i prefer twisties.. i ride a 600. some guys prefer wheelys.. they ride liters and some just want to be on two wheels.. it all depends on what you want the bike for..

Well I believe that I am a different breed here. I am 6'2'' 270 and I can make my 600 my bitch. I agree with shadyone as what I think he is trying to say is that it is more fun to ride a slow bike fast pushing it to its limits than it is to ride a fast bike slow. Not saying that everyone rides a literbike slow.

I disagree though on the wheelie comment. My 600 enjoys the front wheel in the air. I don't constitute being able to pull a wheelie at 80 and riding it out over 100mph a great skill (or smart). 40mph is much more fun. But be safe no matter what you are riding.

Well I believe that I am a different breed here. I am 6'2'' 270 and I can make my 600 my bitch. I agree with shadyone as what I think he is trying to say is that it is more fun to ride a slow bike fast pushing it to its limits than it is to ride a fast bike slow. Not saying that everyone rides a literbike slow.

I disagree though on the wheelie comment. My 600 enjoys the front wheel in the air. I don't constitute being able to pull a wheelie at 80 and riding it out over 100mph a great skill (or smart). 40mph is much more fun. But be safe no matter what you are riding.

Where the fuck have you been fucko?

Haha, I have been a social deviant the past few months. Things have not went my way as far as losing my job and absolutely not being able to find anything that could support me financially.

BTW anyone want to buy a JVC SD card camcorder, Verizon Blackberry World Edition (red) 8830, 540 watt amplifier (2ohm stable).......haha sorry I am in need of some cash for the coming months bills. Hell, at this point I am willing to take a loss and sell my bike for what I have left on the loan.

BTW anyone want to buy a JVC SD card camcorder, Verizon Blackberry World Edition (red) 8830, 540 watt amplifier (2ohm stable).......haha sorry I am in need of some cash for the coming months bills. Hell, at this point I am willing to take a loss and sell my bike for what I have left on the loan.

Ummm... http://www.ohio-riders.net/showthread.php?t=21679 ;)

Sorry to here about the hard times man. Here's to things picking up for you. :cheers:

I did a tag search for "taint rub" and all I got was this thread?

/letdown

I can see how that might be disappointing...

I think Ohio Riders should make that their motto and put it on a t-shirt though....

"I did a tag search for "taint rub" and all I got was this thread?" Ohio-Riders.net