Large driveway owners... you use what to plow?

nurkvinny

1800ft......you need a street sign and a county plow truck :D

But I have to much fun playing on it. I just made it in with my `97 Camry with about 10" of snow. I did lower the air pressure to 15lbs earlier today though and that helps tremendously.

I bet One MILLion dollars Me > You at shoveling. ;)

I do shovel for about an hour each time doing all the sidewalks, in front of all the garage doors, the deck, porch, a dog-shitting area, etc.

Plus, it really is fun to plow with the tractor.

I know you'd kick my ass in a shoveling match with snow. I just wanted to give you some shit :). I made my son do it today :).

If you have the room and don't mind it sitting around, a beater truck with a plow.

If no room and money, http://www.hondapowerequipment.com/products/modeldetail.aspx?page=modeldetail&section=P2SB&modelname=HS724TA&modelid=HS724TA

Or a friend with a plow.

Have room in garage.

That blower is badass.

Sam is on his way. :)

Vinny,

I have a compact diesel 4 wheel drive tractor(Yanmar 1610D) with a 5 foot bucket on a front end loader and a 5 foot rear blade. My driveway is around 260 feet long. This set up was one of the best investments I ever made. I bought a whole shipping container of them 10 years ago from Japan. I have been using this set up for the last 10 years, and the similar JD would have cost 2x more than I have in my setup. However, since we have a commercial property I will be looking for a newer truck with a plow set up for next year.

Sam,

Do you have any accounts out my way?

Vinny,

I have a compact diesel 4 wheel drive tractor(Yanmar 1610D) with a 5 foot bucket on a front end loader and a 5 foot rear blade. My driveway is around 260 feet long. This set up was one of the best investments I ever made. I bought a whole shipping container of them 10 years ago from Japan. I have been using this set up for the last 10 years, and the similar JD would have cost 2x more than I have in my setup. However, since we have a commercial property I will be looking for a newer truck with a plow set up for next year.

Sam,

Do you have any accounts out my way?

Where are you?

Sam/Erik,

I am near Galena/New Albany, the property is 4 miles north of New Albany on 605. I am looking for a better option, I have been driving my tractor a mile down the road to the other property and plowing with it.

This is basically what my Dad has, but he's got the bigger 3cyl diesel motor and backhoe attachment. For plowing his driveway, he has a plow for the three-point. Tough little bugger, I've even used it for knocking down 8" thick locust trees in the summer.

Buyer beware, though. The tires are proprietary size, at least for the front. Stone bitch to find a replacement tire.

His driveway is almost exactly 1/4 of a mile long. We've had pizza guys turn around halfway up it, thinking they'd gotten onto some kind of access road instead of our driveway.

http://images03.olx.com/ui/2/91/28/18738328_1.jpg

Sam/Erik,

I am near Galena/New Albany, the property is 4 miles north of New Albany on 605. I am looking for a better option, I have been driving my tractor a mile down the road to the other property and plowing with it.

All my accounts are in New albany. Shoot me an address and phone number and I will come check it out tomorrow. I am goin to go into my comatos sleep now.

Maybe you can get my wife to do yours? She did my driveway last nigh and it is about 50 yards long and double wide @ the top.

Guess I need to get home late from work more often : )

My wife has been a trooper about shoveling the walks, porch, and deck... when she can, in between watching 1 and 2 year olds.

My problem will be solved in 2-4 days when my new plow arrives for the Ram. :):)

I weighed all of these options - larger tractor, quad, cheap plow truck, large snow blower, just paying someone when the small tractor can't keep up.

I opted for a small, "personal' plow for the existing truck. A lot cheaper than the tractor or quad. Nothing to maintain like there would be for a big tractor / quad / blower / cheap truck. No gas / oil / plates+registration+insurance / etc like some of the options.

Best of all I think is that I can move the plow to another vehicle with a 2" hitch in less than 2 minutes. Plus, no electrical to run, lights to add, pumps to worry about. Best choice in my case I think was the plow.

Oh, and fuck Amazon and Nextag type places. They wanted 40-50 bucks SHIPPING on a snow shovel. Just ordered multiple shovels from TrueValue with $10 shipping total for all of them.