CR Mountain Bike Crew

bahd-ler

I think Vultures Knob is open year round? I think Mohican as well?

Yes both, Lake Hope should be ride able as well. Its hard to MTB in the spring in Ohio.

Paid $80 for it at a garage sale. Brand new, still in a box. Not the best bike but it will do for a few months until I find the one I want.

Can't complain about the price.

• Replies 114
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yes both, Lake Hope should be ride able as well. Its hard to MTB in the spring in Ohio.

Can't complain about the price.

never rode knob, but i hear it drains well, i would imagine the same for mohican. i cannot comment on mohican wilderness. alum drains pretty poorly.

never rode knob, but i hear it drains well, i would imagine the same for mohican. i cannot comment on mohican wilderness. alum drains pretty poorly.

Yeah they both drain very well, probably the two best for drainage in Ohio. The wilderness drains pretty well as well. Alum drains like a bathtub with a drain plug.

• 2 weeks later...
So im looking to get a bike here next week and need some help, Im kinda looking at getting a trek 3 series 3900 DISK but can any one help me out? Ive been on BMX bikes for a long time just no idea about mountain bikes. I know i kinda want one with disk brakes and id like to keep it at $500 or below

So im looking to get a bike here next week and need some help, Im kinda looking at getting a trek 3 series 3900 DISK but can any one help me out? Ive been on BMX bikes for a long time just no idea about mountain bikes. I know i kinda want one with disk brakes and id like to keep it at $500 or below

Not a bad bike, but you might want to look at one with a better fork...Or just wait till you wear that one out.

What about the Felt Q520? my buddy offered me one for a pretty decent deal and its brand new.

Depends on what components are on it. My understanding is that most name brand recreational XC bikes have very similar frames. If it has disc brakes, and a decent set of forks it will be ok if its less than $500 used.

at 5'10" I'm guessing you're a medium so a 16" to 19" frame would probably fit you well. Best way to fit a bike is stand over the top bar and if you have 3 to 4 inches between your junk and the bar your good. Try both, you might feel more comfortable on a large frame.

I'm 5'11" and I ride a medium frame Cannondale for off road trails but I like a large framed bike for riding asphalt trails or the road.

19 to 21 inches is a large frame.

Also like blue jeans every brand is a little different fit. Cannondale's medium frame is usually a little larger than a Specialized medium frame.

just picked up a GIANT yukon FX last night, its a 2009 model but thats cool with me because it looks better then the 2010 model and my buddy gave me a hell of a deal on it.

http://www.giant-bicycles.com/_upload_us/bikes/models/zooms/2009/Yukon-FX-Black_Silver.jpg

my understanding is that its a good bike for the money and really i only payed a $100 more then i was wanting to pay and $500 less then I was going to pay for another bike.