What SUV to get?

supldys

Minivan crew chiming in. If it's for your wife, you get to keep your balls. Our Entourage trumps our Honda Oddy we had and I never thought I'd say that.

MV's are the best bang for the buck.

Fuck SUV's...I love my '05 Caravan! Seriously...

The thing has a 180hp V6 with a ton of torque, gets better fuel economy than any other car I have, holds my stuff+Weimaraner, FWD but has better traction than my sister's XC90 in the snow (true story)...

True, I got it for free, but I needed about $600 in front-end parts but it now rides like new for 120k miles on the odo...

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Minivan crew chiming in. If it's for your wife, you get to keep your balls. Our Entourage trumps our Honda Oddy we had and I never thought I'd say that.

MV's are the best bang for the buck.

agreed we have a 06 sxt and has much as wse hated getting a MV it has served use well and never had any issues.

SUV vs. Minivan, today's example.

In Pataskala, we probably got 4" of snow last night + drifting. My wife has an AWD SUV. The neighbor has a Caravan. Both driveways are flat.

The Caravan is sitting in their drive stuck right now from earlier this morning. My wife took the kids to McDonalds this morning and never came close to getting stuck.

Disclaimer - any decent driver should never get stuck in 4".

Disclaimer 2 -we are leaving to go test drive a Town and Country Limited now. :(

And finally - no average person really needs 4wd in Ohio nowadays, although I will never give it up.

Poor tire choice plain and simple. There's no reason their van should have been stuck. Poor tires and or very worn tires.

The Caravan is sitting in their drive stuck right now from earlier this morning. My wife took the kids to McDonalds this morning and never came close to getting stuck.

I saw the thread about the explorers being junk, so what would you guys recommend? Nothing too big, its for the wife, and nothing too small (got a kid, a giant dog, and we'll be making long trips so will need luggage room)

Looking for something pretty new, 05+, just need some ideas of whats good and whats bad.

Maybe you should direct that question to http://www.columbusSUVracing.com.....

This here is Columbusracing.com.... we talk about columbus, and racing.

Kidding, I had a GMC Arcadia (Saturn outlook) as a loaner when my cadillac was being repaired and I loved it.

steer clear of the H3 whatever you do, those things are garbage.

EDIT - BTW, fuck a minivan.. live with dignity please.

my mom loves her envoy and has a power steering pump go out and thats all thats ever been wrong with it. currently has 140k on it and its an 02'. i have an 08' TBSS and love it. GM was stupid for stopping production of the trailblazer after the 09' MY.

my mom loves her envoy and has a power steering pump go out and thats all thats ever been wrong with it. currently has 140k on it and its an 02'. i have an 08' TBSS and love it. GM was stupid for stopping production of the trailblazer after the 09' MY.

Touareg V10TDi > SS :p

I saw the thread about the explorers being junk, so what would you guys recommend? Nothing too big, its for the wife, and nothing too small (got a kid, a giant dog, and we'll be making long trips so will need luggage room)

Looking for something pretty new, 05+, just need some ideas of whats good and whats bad.

I've always liked the Jeep Grand Cherokees, but I'm thinking about the SUV market myself as a possibility of my next vehicle. I still love the 07+ Tahoe's and the older body style GMC Yukon Denali's. If I had the $$$$ it would be an Audi Q7 all the way, but most people I know are very happy with the Envoy/Trailblazer line up. I'd personally go for the Envoy to get a few more perks.

dude, if i buy any SUV its going to be that badass jeep grand cherokee. Ive seen those haul ass.

The SRT-8. Those things are gas guzzlers, especially for their size. Can't tow with them either, which that automatically makes it a no-go in my eyes.

Neat trucks through.