new parts still failing

Stoopid Hipster

so i have installed my new tps and idle air controller on my 92' miata and am still having probs i was before a little better but not really the probs,

1. Idles roughly not very smooth kinda like a cammed v8

2.while reving at 5k gets really loud

3. once in gear at 5k it acts like its hitting the rev limiter (norm 7k) and wont go past it ...but its not constant some time a lil after 5k

4. all probs started after a injector fuse blew

5. with new parts every now and then it acts ok and will go all the way through 5k

6. while down reving like letting off the gas in neutral it sticks at about 2k for 30 to 40 sec then will drop lower.

only engine mods are intake and spark plug wires other wise not sure all i can think of is idle speed maybe the tps sensor angle or or cam angle sensor (does the ignition timing.

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't know a ton about Miata's, but it sounds almost ECM-related.

Your title is a little misleading. Do you mean "put on new parts, but engine is still failing me" as opposed to "put on new parts that immediately failed" or "failed to solve the problem"?

Sounds to me like you replaced some old sensors but definitely didn't find the culprit. What do the Miata boards tell you?