Track Bike......Title or No Title???

Dubguy85

I am getting my first track bike this year...I was planning on getting an older street bike that IS street legal, and just track it, but not care if I wrecked it, but also have it for my friends to come visit me, and have a bike to ride, and not worry about wrecking....

But then I started looking at track bikes..U can get something newer and better for the same price, but they have NO title....It could never be ridden on the street, and would SUCK to sell because it had no title....

What do most of you guys do? What should I do?

if its going to be just for the track and no racing you dont need a title or any paperwork. Plkus a track bike is set up for the track and it wouldnt be the greatest on the street. If u want to race it you will need some kind of title for WERA,but not sure about other racing orgs. I have a 03 750 for $2500 if u want. Fully built/no paperwork.

do not purchase a motorcycle with no title unless you want to use it for track only.. i am in that boat right now.. but i filed for a title at Common Pleas Court for a clear ohio title.. im just waiting for the judge to review it and sign it so i can take to OSP to get it inspected.. then i have a clear ohio title!

if its going to be just for the track and no racing you dont need a title or any paperwork. Plkus a track bike is set up for the track and it wouldnt be the greatest on the street. If u want to race it you will need some kind of title for WERA,but not sure about other racing orgs. I have a 03 750 for $2500 if u want. Fully built/no paperwork.

I'm looking to spend around 2000...U have info on ur bike for sale?

its an 03 gsxr 750 with 5000 miles on motor.

full acro exaust(ti pipes carbon can)

ohlins rear shock(#200)

traxxion for internals(#175)

520 conversion

vortex clip ons

vortex rear sets

dry carbon race plastics(hotbodies tail)

nrc case covers.

And misc other things

Has a little dent in tank

but also have it for my friends to come visit me, and have a bike to ride, and not worry about wrecking....

FUK that.. Do not let your friends have a bike of yours to ride. You are still liable for the insurance on it as well as if they wreck it, you can be held responsible... HORRIBLE IDEA. Get the track bike and be happy your dumb ass friends cant ride it on the street.

FUK that.. Do not let your friends have a bike of yours to ride. You are still liable for the insurance on it as well as if they wreck it, you can be held responsible... HORRIBLE IDEA. Get the track bike and be happy your dumb ass friends cant ride it on the street.

+1

If your friends have to spend the money to get their own bike, they might have a better sense of self preservation when riding!

+1

If your friends have to spend the money to get their own bike, they might have a better sense of self preservation when riding!

Well no...They already have bikes...But I'm not from Ohio, and if they come and visit, they would want something to ride as well....But i see ur point.

Ask yourself if your ready to get sued because you were nice and let your friend ride the bike and they wrecked it and killed themselves or someone else. Not worth the risk and true friends should understand that 100%.

If they have their own bike and own insurance...I'm not sure if that would fall under me or not...But that is the least of my worries... its not like im gonna have random people coming on bike rides......

Just not sure if its worth it to by a track bike for maybe 4 track days a summer...

If you buy a bike without the title you are subjecting yourself to several types of criminal charges, primarily receiving stolen property. Any vehicle has at the very least a Manufacturer Statement of Origin (MSO). If it doesn't have a title it was either never registered (used only for closed course competition) or it was obtained through fraudulent means (stolen) at some point.

Although I was never asked for a title at any WERA event, they do require that you have one. Additionally, the local law enforcement departments have been known to show up at various events (track days and races) and run random VIN checks looking for stolen bikes. IF you happen to be in possession of such a bike, you're busted.

Really, stay away from bikes without titles. Its a bad idea, and in some cases keeps the thieves in business.