April 23rd call outs!

Mattsv8

• Replies 291
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This shit sounds eerily similar to the crap I deal with from non DSM people telling me what our car should run because it makes 1000whp. Old school people don't just understand what it takes to make certain platforms go fast. Particularly when you get into uncharted territory and have to be the one to figure out the limits of weak links in parts.

Its easy to put together a solid car out of proven parts that have been around for 20 years on a certain platform. This kind of stuff is a whole different level when you end up having to be the person that is the innovator.

its easy making a all steel s10 run 8s with a 357" sb and low boost on pump gas and a carb. doing all the work yourself in a one car garage. and only had the garage for a yr. so out side other than that.

mike c 1g is out of control.

very fun to watch. but stupid out of controll.

Guest Removed
I guess you just don't understand... I have been cutting 1.39's on DRAG RADIALS WITH AN IRS. You are cutting your 1.18-1.24's on SLICKS with a STRAIGHT Axle. Oh ans what an accomplishment you have acheieved. You must be the first guy in the world to take a s10 and go as fast as you have.

To compare what you have done to what I have done is like me comparing my Car to my son's hot wheels.

You can go to Jegs, Summit, hell even Napa or Auto zone and get the parts for your truck. We have to make many of the parts going on my car. People just haven't done what I am doing yet.

It's funny how people think I can't put the power to the ground when I have run some of the best 60' times that have ever been run in one of these cars.

I ran 1.79' stock on stock tires (best that had EVER been ran at the time) and I have set the record for the 60' in c6 corvettes multiple times.

This year I will do the same again by being the first to get the 60's in the 1.2x's once my spindle kit has be COMPLETED... that's right I had to have a custom kit made to be able to put a smaller than 18" wheel on the car. What rim did you cut your 1.18 on? 15"? Let's put a my tires on your truck and see what you cut.

So lets see, I have held the records for fastest C6 (all inclusive) been top 10 for fastest c6 stock on stock tires, top 10 for fastest c6 bolt ons, set the record for Quickest ET multiple times, Set the record for fastest MPH multiple times (Jason still holds this record today) Set the record for quickest 60' in a C6 multiple times, Set the record for most HP in a C6 mulptle times, been in 2 magazines, won Multiple car shows and Can still drive the car to the track if I wan to.

Can your s10 do that? If not, maybe it is you that need to work on that shit some.

read above

guess you can build what you want when you have a endless budget like yours.

how much was the car to start? and do you even have a dollar amount on how much $ you have put into it to get where you are now?

most dont have 200k a year(or a month in your case) to dump into there race car to go runs 8's. not our problem some can do it with 20k.

tripple

now shut up and lets get our race on at the track rental

and i do still like your car a lot.

im just fn with you. but your 60 ft does suck if i had 1100 whp id be 1.1s low

it's all good... i think it is awesome what you did with your truck... I had a NA 67 Camaro that went 9.60's NA with a small block some time ago. Bet you never even heard about that car. You know why, cause everyone has done it.

I'd love to race you, but my motor doesn't come in until Monday :( Piston coater took too long. So I'll be in my slow ass stock 2010 camaro :(

yeah, that's right, I'll be just another guy in a Camaro.

Guest Removed
it's all good... i think it is awesome what you did with your truck... I had a NA 67 Camaro that went 9.60's NA with a small block some time ago. Bet you never even heard about that car. You know why, cause everyone has done it.

I'd love to race you, but my motor doesn't come in until Monday :( Piston coater took too long. So I'll be in my slow ass stock 2010 camaro :(

PISTON COATER SHOULD BE BETTER!

if you wanted to be different, there are other things to build besides a vette.

Guest tbutera2112
starter clutch is dead on the bike...it pretty much doesnt even start now...wont have it fixed in time, may run the saab...ill be there either way

I just didn't want to be yet another guy with a s10/camaro/mustang...

:)

If you like being another face in the crowd that's cool... look for me, the guy with all the poeple standing around his car.

Cocky does not equal cool

i do like the vett but we gota stir this pot. u know

u represent what most would probly do if they had a good budget.

i represent what anyone can afford to do. and i deff still draw a crowd

mostly because people see it and realize they too could be doing this.

anthony weather dont matter with our cars hes on e98 and me on e85. temp is not a big issue

so who wants to line up with this?

http://i5.photobucket.com/albums/y196/gearhead559/Shop%20stuff/100_3917.jpg

350ci sbf with a 75mm throttle body.

anyone going to be there to run with this thing?

Did I miss something? Have you and Joel become close enough friends that he's allowing you to talk shit with his car?

"let the owner talk about their own car." MattsV8.... I couldn't agree with this statement any more!

Edited by PonyPimpstress
added an additional quote

You can stand next 2 mine same color with alot less hp.

Damn. I was hoping this wouldn't die down until we all sat around and laughed about it on Friday. Oh well, everyone's shit is slow and mine is slower. Damn it.

I slower..I'm so slow I'm brining my crotch rocket that I'm sure is slower then ur car.(11.70 f m l ) I am slow I'm ok with it :lol:

There is not doubt that his vette is cool, 1000 plus hp is an acheivment not many of us will ever see. I will never knock the car or the owner(he's always been stand up guy to me)

but humility is a trait lost as soon as anyone logs onto the Internet

Mark keep doing what you're doing I am very interested in seeing how far you go with the IRS