Gauge install question

BBQdDude

Hi,

I have a used three gauge a pillar mount. I am dropping it off to paint tonight on the way home from work. I noticed at the top of the A Pillar I bought it has two screw holes. I am ASSUMING I should have the paint shop plug the two screw holes when prepping. I ASSUME I then use double sided body tape to mount it with after removing the existing A pillar cover?

Hi,

I have a used three gauge a pillar mount. I am dropping it off to paint tonight on the way home from work. I noticed at the top of the A Pillar I bought it has two screw holes. I am ASSUMING I should have the paint shop plug the two screw holes when prepping. I ASSUME I then use double sided body tape to mount it with after removing the existing A pillar cover?

it is not threaded or anything so they dont have to cover it... the style you ahve is ment to go over the existing trim and the pod screws into the existing a pillar trim...

usually they come with little plastic push-in revet things that match the plastic color, thus blend in. Id say paint the screw heads, or i suppose you could tape it on if itll stay

only other idea is to get one that replaces the whole pillar. dont know what car your in, but there usually is some company out there that makes one.