Deals Gap needs your help

Casper

It's bad. The Tennessee governor has closed the dragon completely. He's refusing North Carolina's offer to help with police and ems. Deals Gap is talking about having to close the resort. This sucks. Email the Tennessee governor.

Make your voice count to the Governor of Tennessee on the closure of the Dragon.

Governor's Office

Tennessee State Capitol

Nashville, TN

37243-0001

Phone: 615.741.2001

Fax: 615.532.9711 E

mail: Phil.Bredesen@tn.gov

it is closed from the rock slide to the NC state line.

http://www.easttnriders.com/forum/showthread.php?t=34770

http://www.easttnriders.com/forum/showthread.php?t=34771

I just posed this on a nissan site and guys are claming bullshit, 2 of the guys say they live by the tn border and its not closed. I really hope not because I already took time off and booked for the nissan meet.

If it's bullshit then the people from the resort there are lying. That wouldn't make much sense to me.

related?

Those videos are just outside the Dragon. I heard there were some rock slides. With all the snow we have gotten, I would figure they have had a lot of rain or snow also. Plus spring is rock slide season too.

Hope it doesn't close. 555 is a great road also, just wish there was more elevation change with some scenic over looks.

Those videos are just outside the Dragon. I heard there were some rock slides. With all the snow we have gotten, I would figure they have had a lot of rain or snow also. Plus spring is rock slide season too.

Hope it doesn't close. 555 is a great road also, just wish there was more elevation change with some scenic over looks.

There's enough elevation changes to lift your car if you're going fast enough. Very hilly sections and there are a couple decent overlooks. One just off and one on the route. Can't remember where exactly. I've only been 3 or 4 times. Norm and I are gonna try to make it out there within the next week again, actually.