Lets ride. 04/10 Alum Creek

Skinner

Hey everyone Jesse mentioned in the mtn biking thread so I figured I would bring it over here for a headcount.

Alum Creek this Sat @ 10:30 am Phase 2.

OK so how wants to ride.

BTW if you are not comfortable with riding trails don't worry I haven't ridden in 4 years and plan on taking it slow. If we have a big enough turnout we can run 2 groups.

Edited by Skinner

Yes. No MTB currently. Singlespeed Rays bike has a broken crank and the others are road bikes.

:(

Sometime soon at Alum then. We should do a monthly CR meet at Alum, at the very least. I'm planing to ride a lot again this season so should be up there a few days a week.

:(

Sometime soon at Alum then. We should do a monthly CR meet at Alum, at the very least. I'm planing to ride a lot again this season so should be up there a few days a week.

Yep. Keeping my fingers crossed for next week.

You're still down south right now? Maybe somewhere down there on a weekend soon. I've not done Lake Hope yet, but have heard it's not too bad. Maybe a good trail to start the season out.

Yep, until June. I am just up the road from Lake Hope and plan to ride it a lot.

you guys need to get in on some road bike rides...now been 3 saturdays straight a few of us have went out...did 40 miles this past saturday, and going to try for ~50 this weekend. right now im just debating if i want to do the same trail we just did (albeit without all the wind we had saturday, im hoping) or if i want to drive ~45 minutes to a new trail. johnstown to newark was a good ride and would be much better on a calm day

you guys need to get in on some road bike rides...

We don't wear spandex here, start your own thread. :p

Might put some 'skinny tires' on sometime, if I do I will join.

Thinking about doing a long ride later in the summer so I could use some paved trail miles for constant RPM training.

no spandex/lycra here. lol.

and a tire swap is easy...can pull your tires off and put on some skinnys in <15 minutes. if you dont have the stuff to do it, tools are cheap and i even have them if you want to stop by.

Lol, we must have never meet before have we?

I've been working on bikes since I was in HS. Not that I'm that good, but I know how to change a tire...

no, i dont think we have. lol

so, does that mean you're down for 40-50mi saturday? haha

so, does that mean you're down for 40-50mi saturday? haha

I didn't ride or run much last year, I'm pretty out of shape right now... so no. :)

I'm thinking about doing a bike packing trip from Cincy past London though so I will need to get to that point if I want to do that.

I more meant from a mechanical aptitude side of things, you must not have meet me before.

IMHO if you can't figure out how to do 90% of the work on your own bike, you should never touch a car.

Rain + Alum Creek = Mud Hole. I wouldn't ride it.

I never assume, unless I know it's been dry. I always check combomtb.com

It very well may be wet. Everyone who might go should check that website on Friday night and we can make a decision then.

Supposed to rain more mostly tomorrow. If I can't go on Saturday I will try to go on Sunday morning. In case anyone else wants to go then. That'll give it one more nice sunny day to try and dry out. Let's keep Saturday for now and reassess on Friday night.

That will hopefully be the weekend I go home to build the bike. I will let you know.

Do what you gota do, you need to get that bike together before you can ride. Just let me know when is good and I will make my way down there sometime. Maybe drag some of these fuckers down there.

Do what you gota do, you need to get that bike together before you can ride. Just let me know when is good and I will make my way down there sometime. Maybe drag some of these fuckers down there.

Sounds good. I have 4 day weekends every weekend this quarter, so i can come up there anytime really. I will let you know.