Your rights....

V8 Beast

As long as the cameras were in public places then I guess I dont have a problem with it. Its not really any different than someone walking around with a camcorder taping stuff. When I owned my photography business then it was a big deal on what and who you take pictures of and you can actually be sued in certain circumstances. However if the person or place you photoed was in a public place or out in the open then it was on them. Then again if one of those cams caught me doing something then I would be against them :).

So, to those of you who have no problems with governments putting up cameras, I suppose you would also have no problem with your state government putting GPS trackers on your car so they could enforce a mileage tax to make up for lost fuel tax revenue due to more efficient cars? It's been seriously proposed in almost every state now...

Isn't this the site where I saw near-unanimous outrage over the idea of speed cameras over the past couple years? You're outraged by being caught speeding, but you have no problems with the government installing cameras city-wide, with computer software available to make it possible to track a person to and from every destination during the average day?

So, to those of you who have no problems with governments putting up cameras, I suppose you would also have no problem with your state government putting GPS trackers on your car so they could enforce a mileage tax to make up for lost fuel tax revenue due to more efficient cars? It's been seriously proposed in almost every state now...

Isn't this the site where I saw near-unanimous outrage over the idea of speed cameras over the past couple years? You're outraged by being caught speeding, but you have no problems with the government installing cameras city-wide, with computer software available to make it possible to track a person to and from every destination during the average day?

Werd. I'm amazed at the number of people that are OK with this.

I don't see the correlation with the original post and GPS tracking systems, etc.....wierd comparison IMO. I carry a GPS enabled phone and really don't give a shit if big brother wants to track me through AT&T. They can already do that and triangulate others through cell towers, credit card usage, etc... if they were so inclined.

I do have a problem with the gov't taxing me more to make up for their inefficiencies. I don't give a shit if they use cameras all over cbus either. We are all already on video more than we think. Again, why would I care? Knock yourself out watching me going to and from work and on sales calls with my team. I plan on hitting Kroger's later....tell the FBI....me no care. :jerkit: