Would you pull?

Nate1647545505

I don't think in these situations I act... I have save people from cars that were on fire I've torn a door off a car ( bent the window frame to get them out) and I've stopped the car in the middle of the street to help a dude that's getting beat up. If I feel it's right I don't care about going to jail..

So... when you are around bad shit happens.

On a side note: I once helped an old lady put groceries in her car in a bad neighborhood late at night. Her trunk was stuck so I called upon the power of grayskull to pop the hatch.. But seriously, if I got killed helping out someone I didnt know who would raise my kids? All I know is it wouldnt be me. To make matters worse if I died trying to protect a criminal that had it coming I would have died for nothing. I'll stick to thinking before I act.

Sticking you neck out like that is NEVER a good idea. The point of the CHL is personal defense, not public defender. These type of ordeals are precisely how an otherwise law abiding citizen finds themselves in federal pound me in the ass prison.

Get on your cell, call the cops and provide a description.

This

Never try to be a hero. Been there done that and got the f out because I thought about the possible charges. It's not a good idea unless you're directly threatened, or someone who is dear to you.

It sucks, but you can get into serious trouble. Especially once they realize your back ground. It's just best to stay low.

And this.

Be a good witness. The laws of this country prevent the common man from doing the 'right' thing these days. Your ass > *.

And if it makes you feel any better, keep telling yourself that the woman was a liberal, and anti-gun.

This

And this.

Be a good witness. The laws of this country prevent the common man from doing the 'right' thing these days. Your ass > *.

And if it makes you feel any better, keep telling yourself that the woman was a liberal, and anti-gun.

All of this applies unless you live in Ashtabula County...if you live there you can just start blasting people.

http://www.buckeyefirearms.org/node/7225

On a side note: I once helped an old lady put groceries in her car in a bad neighborhood late at night. Her trunk was stuck so I called upon the power of grayskull to pop the hatch.. But seriously, if I got killed helping out someone I didnt know who would raise my kids? All I know is it wouldnt be me. To make matters worse if I died trying to protect a criminal that had it coming I would have died for nothing. I'll stick to thinking before I act.

No shit, I watched the video in NYC of the guy that helped a lady that was being robed of her purse. The perp stabbed him, she ran away, he stumbled about a block where this video captured him laying on the sidewalk for an hour while many people just stepped over him. By the time someone called police he was dead.

If you don't carry legally and help yourself you are fucked. I have a wife and kids to think about. If you want to be Batman, put on a costume, or go be a cop.

I'm surprised this hasn't come up yet, or if it has I'm surprised my reading skills suck.

Since when did it not count as "personal defense" if someone is firing a gun in public? IMO it doesn't matter if those bullets are fired at you, if someone's shooting in public they're endangering your personal safety.

That said, this kind of logic could get a CCW-legal shooter shot by another CCW-legal shooter.

I'm surprised this hasn't come up yet, or if it has I'm surprised my reading skills suck.

Since when did it not count as "personal defense" if someone is firing a gun in public? IMO it doesn't matter if those bullets are fired at you, if someone's shooting in public they're endangering your personal safety.

That said, this kind of logic could get a CCW-legal shooter shot by another CCW-legal shooter.

But the preface was blocks away.... That's a lot different. If I felt my safety was in danger there would be a whole different set of rules.

This is why they recommend not involving yourself in such situations. You need to be 110% the person you're shooting at, needs shot. Misinterpretation = bad news.

Besides, as other said, I'm not Batman. I carry for me, and mine, and no one else. You want protection these days, you need to figure it out yourself.

This is why they recommend not involving yourself in such situations. You need to be 110% the person you're shooting at, needs shot. Misinterpretation = bad news.

Besides, as other said, I'm not Batman. I carry for me, and mine, and no one else. You want protection these days, you need to figure it out yourself.

Indeed, if you want to involve yourself in that type of situation they will say you shouldn't have a gun and try to make you an instigator, etc. It is better to have carved a fool up than have shot him or shot at him.

I'm not saying I'm some super badass i answered his question. If it makes you feel threatened by me I'm sorry you are just on the oposite end of the man spectrum ( that's the end filled with excuses).

No really it's just how I am there are people in the world who feel the need to protect and to help, it's not for everyone and th reason why it's not for everyone is real easy I need someone to sew me up from getting shot or stabbed and someone to make sure my iPhone has Internet and serve me ice tea

I'm not saying I'm some super badass i answered his question. If it makes you feel threatened by me I'm sorry you are just on the oposite end of the man spectrum ( that's the end filled with excuses).

No really it's just how I am there are people in the world who feel the need to protect and to help, it's not for everyone and th reason why it's not for everyone is real easy I need someone to sew me up from getting shot or stabbed and someone to make sure my iPhone has Internet and serve me ice tea

Why not just become an officer and do it for a living? Sounds like you are passionate about helping people. I've stopped fights when I was younger. I've also helped a woman getting smacked around by her boyfriend so I cant act like I havnt done stuff without thinking. However, now that I'm older there is no way in hell I would do that again unless I knew the people. My job is to call the people that know what they are doing... the police.

Think about this... When looking down on a body of water from a cliff that you've never been in can you tell if its 7 feet deep or 35ft? Do you just dive in and hope for the best? The same rule applies in real life. Know how deep the situation is before you dive in. Like you said thats the difference between me and you. You dive in while I go and ask for help. Some people are do-ers... some are old married guys with kids.

no idea what I would do.... being several blocks away, I would do nothing, but let's say I was at speedway, I am towards the back picking up a nice cold 6 pack... dude pulls a gun on the guy behind the counter.... do you pull gun and go towards the guy trying to rob the place or duck and cover? I think in that situation, I would definately draw my firearm, but I would not go trying to be a hero and shoot the agressor in the back of the head.... now if he shot the clerk and is coming around, my ass is going to pretend I'm playing splinter cell and pick that mother fucker off before he knew what hit him.

This is exactly the situation i asked my instructor about when i was in my class. You have the ability to protect other's from harm but you are not legally obligated to like, say, a law enforcement officer would be in that situation. Personally i couldnt live with myself if i just hid behind a cheeto's rack while a robber shoots the store clerk in the head.

However, in the situation the OP described i would not intervene unless it happened right in front of me. Think logically, your a block or two away by time you get there you dont know who fired at who and who was the aggressor. Better yet, when the cops DO show up and your standing there with you gun in your hand who do you think their going to shoot first?

This is exactly the situation i asked my instructor about when i was in my class. You have the ability to protect other's from harm but you are not legally obligated to like, say, a law enforcement officer would be in that situation. Personally i couldnt live with myself if i just hid behind a cheeto's rack while a robber shoots the store clerk in the head.

However, in the situation the OP described i would not intervene unless it happened right in front of me. Think logically, your a block or two away by time you get there you dont know who fired at who and who was the aggressor. Better yet, when the cops DO show up and your standing there with you gun in your hand who do you think their going to shoot first?

LEOs are not legally obligated to save shit. They don't have to put their life on the line for you if they choose not to.

Umm Austin you are wrong

Leo's as you call them are required well at least franklin county are to stop at accidents if they would be first on scene. But you may be pulling you info from a diff state or country

Umm Austin you are wrong

Leo's as you call them are required well at least franklin county are to stop at accidents if they would be first on scene. But you may be pulling you info from a diff state or country

Umm Austin you are wrong

Well, I don't think so. I didn't say anything about them not having to stop at an accident site. I said they don't have to put their life on the line to save yours, which is entirely true. By job description, I believe they are supposed to protect you, which by the way, doesn't classify as being a bullet sponge for you. But legally obligated.......they are not.

Umm Austin you are wrong

Well, I don't think so. I didn't say anything about them not having to stop at an accident site. I said they don't have to put their life on the line to save yours, which is entirely true. By job description, I believe they are supposed to protect you, which by the way, doesn't classify as being a bullet sponge for you. But legally obligated.......they are not.