Ticket Question

staywide8

Got a ticket yesterday for following to closely. It occurred at Sawmill/Billingsley, turning onto billingsley at the gas station. CPD was sitting there, pulled me over and cited me. He put on his notes that I was a half car length behind him. Since this occurred while turning, is this something I could fight? Now, I'm all for paying when I do something wrong, but the vehicle braked a little harder than I had expected.

2)It will hurt to fight it because then you'll have to pay like $90 extra for court costs 3)The officers show up 99/100 times.

wrong. i went to dublin for a 70 in a 55, they let me pay the fee + either $5 or $10. it wasnt but a few bucks more than my ticket.

stop riding people's ass.

I drive that area all the time. Bumper to bumper traffic is a norm up there. My advice...keep and eye out for cops. Works for me.

I sense there's more to it. CPD would just site you for following too close for turning in behind someone and them braking. There's more to it and more details I'm sure.

Most likely if you did fight it your gonna lose. Cops always win over peoples word. My mom got a speeding ticket and we took in pic's and everything showing that the speed limit sign was blocked by trees and thats why we didnt see it and we still lost. PLUS we was only 45 in a 35 and he tried to say we was doin 55 and my mom tried to say shes was still in second gear getting ready to shift into thiird and the cop said " well i can do 50 in second gear in my car" (keep in mind were in a 96 mustang v6 ) and i told the cop he was dumb and his clutch is probably burnt the fuck up. and my mom yelled at me >.< but moral of story. 99% of cops are dicks.

i told the cop he was dumb and his clutch is probably burnt the fuck up. and my mom yelled at me >.< but moral of story. 99% of cops are dicks.

This is where you went wrong.

:removed rant:

I would tell the judge just what you told us. You were turning and the car braked a little harder than you anticipated. Seems like a logical explanation to me.

Do this. Sorry Brian but 99% cops dont neccessarily show up. I had a weak defense for my last speeding ticket but the trooper didnt show so the prosecutor offered me a deal, 50$ fine with no points, hell yes i took it.

Worst that can happen, cop shows up, you argue that the car in front of you braked sooner than you anticipated and it was harmless misjudgement that got no one hurt or injured. Your not saying the cop is wrong you simply explaning something that happens everyday at the same exact location with every other driver. Dont forget to wear a suit and be as polite as possible. If the 125$ isnt a problem then what do you have to lose?

Most likely if you did fight it your gonna lose. Cops always win over peoples word. My mom got a speeding ticket and we took in pic's and everything showing that the speed limit sign was blocked by trees and thats why we didnt see it and we still lost. PLUS we was only 45 in a 35 and he tried to say we was doin 55 and my mom tried to say shes was still in second gear getting ready to shift into thiird and the cop said " well i can do 50 in second gear in my car" (keep in mind were in a 96 mustang v6 ) and i told the cop he was dumb and his clutch is probably burnt the fuck up. and my mom yelled at me >.< but moral of story. 99% of cops are dicks.

Thats not true at all. Judge's will side with officers alot but if you have a solid case and the officer doesnt show up in court you will win.

Ive gotten pulled over many times and every time Im polite and cordial with the officer he's returned the favor. Get the attitude that you give.

Thats not true at all. Judge's will side with officers alot but if you have a solid case and the officer doesnt show up in court you will win.

Ive gotten pulled over many times and every time Im polite and cordial with the officer he's returned the favor. Get the attitude that you give.

when he first walked up me and my mom were both very polite. then he started to be a real dick calling my mom stupid and blinde and that she either needs to learn to drive or get the fuck off the road was his words. and it pissed me off when he spoke to my mother like that. i dont have many

run-in's with cops but almost everyone was mean and i always start off nice..until they get in my face for no reason. but i do respect and thank cops for there sevice and keeping people safe.. but damn be a little nicer