Route 66 Rally - CR in the lead (pics)

ForeverMaker

Damn wish I whould have known people were realy gonna go I whould have loved to do it. Getting people to go to the power tour is about impossable

I agree. I didn't know it was actually going to happen!

Gentlemen, have fun and excellent showing!

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I absolutely would love to have done this. Next year maybe....

This is however that CR is BETTER!

Enjoy it guys. Regardless of where you finish, it's about the journey and the times at night that will make it priceless.

Great photos too! Looks like an amazing time. Need to find a Clear-Bra company rep like 3M to sponsor it next year :)

Rumor has it that the driver of the silver Mercedes Sl, with its monstrous V12, was seen doing over 160 m.p.h. on the highway earlier on today. We remember him flying by our Camaro at 110 m.p.h!

lol, its a lie! Just rumors!

Go CR!!!!!

http://sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-snc3/hs283.snc3/27805_656022588622_31109718_37743495_3437579_n.jpg

I approve of the starting Girl!!!!

http://sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-snc3/hs283.snc3/27805_656023416962_31109718_37743565_6494639_n.jpg

We're now in Amarillo, TX, with the third and final leg of the Rally completed.

Results and awards won't be announced until tonight. However, at this morning's start, the three CR teams were held back to late in the start because we were beating the time officials to the finish! ;)

Despite starting behind the rest of the pack, CR got to the finish 1st, 2nd, and 3rd today. Seth and his brother arrived directly in front of Farkas and me, then Jeff & Ryan arrived about 15 seconds later. The next team didn't arrive for another 20 minutes.

The CR teams had no tickets or major problems. Other teams had some major mechanical issues and legal problems along the way. The organizers are going to have to sort-out all the times and disqualifications before tonight, and then they'll make the awards. Right now we're meeting the West Coast bunch who started from California and we're making plans for tonight's Bacchanalia.

I can't post photos from here but will put together a short recap and slideshow after we're back in Ohio.

It's been a blast so far. Hats off to Scott (Spieldawg) for making the thread inviting us to this Rally. :thumbup:

ith its monstrous V12, was seen doing over 160 m.p.h. on the highway earlier on today. We remember him flying by our Camaro at 110 m.p.h! As the rain started falling, more and more cars started making their way to the final destination of the day.

Hell yeah buddy.

CR cleaned up how?

Anthony, there were a total of 4 awards given out per section of the rally (ie east and west coast). First I want to say that on the first day, omni finished first after a really late start, then doc second, then ryan and I 6th. On the second day it was omni 1st, doc second, and us 3rd after running on fumes for several miles. Today omni, doc, and ourselves all pulled in at the same time taking 1st, 2nd and 3rd. It became pretty obvious who the leaders were.

As for the rewards....

Team impala had the quickest first leg time, winning a trophy.

Team omni had the quickest time for the second leg, but was DQ'd for being recorded speeding :( so their trophy was forfeited to ryan and I.

Team omni, doc, and ourselves all had the same exact times for the third leg, but since omni was DQ'd the trophy went to doc.

Doc took the final trophy of overall fastest time, although omni clearly won it.

I feel so bbad for seth and his brother for doing outstanding in the omni but some kid whitey tit fuckers robbed him of 3 trophies.

Doc was super kind and gave the overall trophy to seth and his brother, as they worked their ass off for it.

For myself, there was a great deal of competativeness amongst the other cr members as well as a huge amount of comradery amongst us. Nothing was more satisfying than cr taking 3 of the 4 trophy's from the east coast rally.

GO CR!!!!!!!!