I need you my sweets (no5.0knowledgegtfo)

Miller

My car ate up my clutch like a cookie monster. Anyone got suggestions for a 10.5 inch 10 spline clutch disc-only? Keep in mind I am on a very tight budget since the engagement but I need to be moving again asap! Best bang for the buck possible, any sales you guys might know of etc. I've been looking at Mcleod so far and they seem to have the best balance of all things I need...

Ramsey why is it not in your car, is that the clutch you spun on the dyno? What's the power rating?

It spun on the dyno but doesnt look to bad, its not something you would want to push hard. It would just be something to get you by.

It spun on the dyno but doesnt look to bad, its not something you would want to push hard. It would just be something to get you by.

I greatly appreciate it homie but I'll pass. I have no choice in life but to push it hard...

Has typical wear on it from the miles and the power but is good for another 20-25k id say, its all yours i dont need it!

Are 03-04 Cobras 10 spline Inputs?

Miller I have a unkown 10 spline entire setup from my 86 I am selling. Held 370ish just fine.

Are 03-04 Cobras 10 spline Inputs?

Miller I have a unkown 10 spline entire setup from my 86 I am selling. Held 370ish just fine.

The 03/04 Cobras did come with a 10-spline input shaft. Just another mistake on that car.

The 03/04 Cobras did come with a 10-spline input shaft. Just another mistake on that car.

Thanks for looking out guys I checked a 5.0 resto catalog and saw that the cobra did have a 10 spline too. So, Dover has got me covered!

Dover's disk won't work for you I don't think, I believe his is an 11 inch......

And I know the fox clutch for spec is different part numbers than the 03-04 cobra

Edited by 1bad95gt
he replied

my bad it may be an 11'' disc but I had thought it was a 10.5".. I gots me a 26 spline input and southbend stage 5 this year

The disc is an 11" on the Cobra.

Miller,

What pressure plate is on the car? Just curious as to what clutch you fried. I really liked my dual friction centerforce and my friend ran one on his 450 wheel fox body for a couple of years with no issues. That car was driven hard and powershifted at the track who knows how many times. One of the easiest pedal effort clutches that I have driven. Of course if you don't have that pressure plate it may have a much different feel.

The disc is an 11" on the Cobra.

Miller,

What pressure plate is on the car? Just curious as to what clutch you fried. I really liked my dual friction centerforce and my friend ran one on his 450 wheel fox body for a couple of years with no issues. That car was driven hard and powershifted at the track who knows how many times. One of the easiest pedal effort clutches that I have driven. Of course if you don't have that pressure plate it may have a much different feel.

I've got a centerforce dual friction or II (orange color) pressure plate on there right now. I don't know whether or not it holds both an 11 and a 10.5. I had a 10.5 in it previously.

If you are on a budget don't forget about a king cobra, around 160 brand new and I know people with over 500 foot pounds that use them....

I know that's what I just broke.

King cobra will not hold. I killed 2 of them last year. They are good till about 350 or so.

This sucks if Dover's is 11 inch, that was a killer deal.

yuuuuup

Edited by Miller

I am running a spec stage 3 on my car it makes almost 500ft lbs and it just snapped my Axel I bought from ups when greag worked there for 300 out the door it does have a stiff pedal but it does what I need it to do hole the power and the power shifting

I am running a spec stage 3 on my car it makes almost 500ft lbs and it just snapped my Axel I bought from ups when greag worked there for 300 out the door it does have a stiff pedal but it does what I need it to do hole the power and the power shifting

I need to figure out for absolute sure if Dover's will fit my pressure plate and flywheel. If anyone can step in with a 100% confident answer I would appreciate that very much.