Whats this mean?

Hahn

My fiancee drives an 05 Saturn L300 w/auto trans. She tells me that out of no where, her car starts making almost a grinding noise when the car is in reverse only. From what i can see there is nothing under the car physically obstructing anything so im clueless. She says she hasnt hit anything or ran anything over and it only started the night that we had that huge thunderstorm. Any info/clues to what could be wrong is appreciated. Thanks.

Would she actually tell you the truth if she hit anything :p. My ideas, she could be hearing the reverse gear making noise as some usually do i know my audi does and just never heard it before , not saying she doesnt know what shes talking about just an idea. Or should have hit an animal and it got stuck. I should know what thats like as i hit a possom at 65 on 161 the other night it broke the front valence and there is blood all over the underside. I wish the possom was under there so i could eat the basterd for what it did to my car.

Would she actually tell you the truth if she hit anything :p. My ideas, she could be hearing the reverse gear making noise as some usually do i know my audi does and just never heard it before , not saying she doesnt know what shes talking about just an idea. Or should have hit an animal and it got stuck. I should know what thats like as i hit a possom at 65 on 161 the other night it broke the front valence and there is blood all over the underside. I wish the possom was under there so i could eat the basterd for what it did to my car.

No she wouldnt lie, and yes it is realy making a sort of grinding noise, drove it myself. So from what i could see there was nothing up under the car so i dont know.

My case is fine i was pissed cause the fucker ran in front of me on a 1 lane road and broke my valence so if i found him i would cook him and eat him.

If that doesnt help my case : Vehicals: 98 explorer; 02 kia gtfo. :p

\open thread

No more bs. Hahn you think that may be the problem or have you checked all that?

Ill have to check the tranny fluid when she gets home. i would hope the idler isnt broke cuz the car is still realy new. only 30k miles. thanks for the tips though.

Ill have to check the tranny fluid when she gets home. i would hope the idler isnt broke cuz the car is still realy new. only 30k miles. thanks for the tips though.

That may be the case, but it shouldn't need tranny fluid if it's only got 30k on it, either. :( Anyway, it's hard to say without experiencing it. Good luck.

Some Saturns have a 5yr 100k mile powertrain warranty. Have the service date verified and see if it is still under then warranty, then if so, have them check it out.

good call, havnt thought about checking that.