America: Be afraid.

zeitgeist57

I don't understand why no one at GM thinks, "hey, maybe it's because we sell better looking cars here than in the states." And all manufacturers are to blame in this area. I'll never understand....

I don't understand why no one at GM thinks, "hey, maybe it's because we sell better looking cars here than in the states." And all manufacturers are to blame in this area. I'll never understand....

We're too big of a market to take risks on. They don't sell flashy cars because to roll out to all the dealerships they have to commit to a large number of vehicles. In europe they cna roll out to smaller markets first and see if something works or not. If it gets a lukewarm reception they can keep their commitment low.

China may be huge, but I doubt they have the same number of new car dealerships as we have here.

We're victims of our own market size.

Oh, as for the OP's article: It's easier to sell in a growing economy than a flagging one. Especially when we're pissed off at GM. The Volt may very well make or break GM in the US market.

Have you seen the Buick's they sell in China? They are exactly the same (on the outside anyway) there as they are here and for some reason the chinese love them as luxury sedans.

Have you seen the Buick's they sell in China? They are exactly the same (on the outside anyway) there as they are here and for some reason the chinese love them as luxury sedans.

I am always surprised when I hear about another country who adopts something which we grew tired of decades ago. I would think our cultures wouldnt be that far apart.

The Chinese are all like "Maybe I too can have big American penis if I drive American car, wear Levi jeans and eat McDonalds"

Let's keep in mind what Top Gear uses for their POS guest race car. If you look at the cars coming out of China, I'm sure these cars look like Bentley's.

Wonder how many Toyota's, Lexus, Nissan, Infinity, etc. cars that sell better here than over seas.

Toyota is pretty rediculous over here and same in Iraq. You see tons of corollas, Hiluxs (Tacomas), Surfs (4 Runners), and a few Landcruisers in there too. Toyota does pretty good around the world for the most part.