Shinko tires

luvkawzx6-R

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Unfortunetly Im on a budget this year, no overtime at work. So it was either try shinkos or not ride(NOT A OPTION). I appreciate everyones opionion, hopefully it will warm up soon so i can see how they work. I'll even take a 40-50 degree day, hell with this 20 degree crap. Like i said i love doin burnouts so worse case i have a tire i can beat on

Edited by luvkawzx6-R

and here is the rest of that reveiw

Question... Who's the twat that likes to state how great and fast he is? Please tell me this is an obnoxious English journalist guy. Otherwise, the guys spends more time telling us how fast he rides and how hard he pushes everything and throws in how much seat time he has and how great he is as a rider.

My opinion is if you listen to this douche bag, you might as well buy the Shinkos and then come back and tell us why you're picking brush out of your bung hole after sliding across the pavement and off the cliff of your favorite road...

Christ.

Bottom line is that these are great for the guy who doesn't have much money. The sport tourer guys like them because they aren't pushing the sidewalls of the tires and asking for tons of grip under load. The drag guys like them because they do make a sticky rear that is VERY useful to their environment. The stunters like them because who wants to pay big bucks for a tire you're going to roast off anyways?

If you ride anywhere near spirited on a sportbike (R6, CBR, GSXR, etc), these are not for you. If you sport tour with your sportbike, fine. Just don't ask for these tires to do the same thing as say a pair of 2CTs... Otherwise, get ready for bending over and asking your buddy to pluck a piece of wood out of your raw ass cheek...

One thing I really get a kick out of is when you hear someone say they bought another famous tire company's molds...

For example, Conti has Pirelli's old guys working there and everyone thinks that Contis are the same as Pirellis.

Just because they got molds, they got the people, and they may even have the compound formula, doesn't mean they are going to be the same. Cutting cost on the process or cutting out R&D or cutting out updated compounds and formulas or ways of releasing the tires from the molds, etc are ways that keep cost down.

You do get what you pay for. Wanna test tires? Bring your Stinkos, Cuntis, Avons and let's compare them to what works. I think you'll be amazed...

Now, using them for touring or average street riding? Sure. But a lot of you guys ride aggressively on the street and through some serious twisties. For example, Deal's Gap. Wanna trust these down there? There's your answer.

Again, drag racing is cool, but a drag tire doesn't make a good street tire...

Unfortunetly Im on a budget this year, no overtime at work. So it was either try shinkos or not ride(NOT A OPTION). I appreciate everyones opionion, hopefully it will warm up soon so i can see how they work. I'll even take a 40-50 degree day, hell with this 20 degree crap. Like i said i love doin burnouts so worse case i have a tire i can beat on

I already have right at 1k miles THIS YEAR.. and yes with these POS Shinko 09 Ravens. I ride the bike if its above 40 out.. Matter of fact, I pushed my bike from where I live to the road because there was still snow in my drive and didn't want to waste a nice sunny day .:D

I'm not saying they are the best tires in the world. I AM saying they are above avg tire for someone who puts 10K or more miles on a bike a year and doesn't act like they are "insert your fav GP rider here" on the street..

Hell it seems that the same guys who are calling them junk are the ones who also bitch that people shouldn't ride on the street like they do the track..:rolleyes:

I already have right at 1k miles THIS YEAR.. and yes with these POS Shinko 09 Ravens. I ride the bike if its above 40 out.. Matter of fact, I pushed my bike from where I live to the road because there was still snow in my drive and didn't want to waste a nice sunny day .:D

I'm not saying they are the best tires in the world. I AM saying they are above avg tire for someone who puts 10K or more miles on a bike a year and doesn't act like they are "insert your fav GP rider here" on the street..

Hell it seems that the same guys who are calling them junk are the ones who also bitch that people shouldn't ride on the street like they do the track..:rolleyes:

I've ridden with you, you dont exactly ride like a granny:cool:

Question... Who's the twat that likes to state how great and fast he is? Please tell me this is an obnoxious English journalist guy. Otherwise, the guys spends more time telling us how fast he rides and how hard he pushes everything and throws in how much seat time he has and how great he is as a rider.

My opinion is if you listen to this douche bag, you might as well buy the Shinkos and then come back and tell us why you're picking brush out of your bung hole after sliding across the pavement and off the cliff of your favorite road...

Christ.

Bottom line is that these are great for the guy who doesn't have much money. The sport tourer guys like them because they aren't pushing the sidewalls of the tires and asking for tons of grip under load. The drag guys like them because they do make a sticky rear that is VERY useful to their environment. The stunters like them because who wants to pay big bucks for a tire you're going to roast off anyways?

If you ride anywhere near spirited on a sportbike (R6, CBR, GSXR, etc), these are not for you. If you sport tour with your sportbike, fine. Just don't ask for these tires to do the same thing as say a pair of 2CTs... Otherwise, get ready for bending over and asking your buddy to pluck a piece of wood out of your raw ass cheek...

not everyone rides as aggressive as you. jesus christ, i havent been on this site that long, but every time i see a post from you its bashing anyone who doesnt buy the top of the line shit. and mostly because you think everyone is dragging knee on the street or doing a track day. im not gonna track day the bike and im not gonna ride overly aggressive. as are some other people on this board. i wanted to try these tires out cause i heard good reviews, and they are a good price. im gonna be doing alot of traveling, alot of flat miles. more touring than anything, with some twisties mixed in (nothing to aggressive though) from the reviews you can get some good mileage from the tire, and they do still stick pretty well.

i am cheap, but i could have bought any set of tires i wanted, i choose to try these out.

LET IT BE man.

i know your trying to give incite, but sometimes you come across pretty brash and on a high horse.

Drag racing is awesome too! I remember growing up in my 5.0 mustang at 18 and drag racing out behind Airborne in Wilmington Ohio for money. Everyone loves drag racing. :woo:

1985 Cutlass Supreme I nicknamed.. Chevy Supreme.. Built Olds tough with Chevy Stuff..

388 stroker that ran 10's back in the day...

picture.php?albumid=95&pictureid=1965

picture.php?albumid=95&pictureid=1966

Spirited riding on the twisties isn't riding like you are at the track. If you sport tour with your bike, that's cool. If you are a rider who enjoys the twisties and can ride at a decent pace, these aren't the tires for you at all.

You can ride Deal's Gap and stay well within the posted limits and shag tires. I am sure you always ride at exactly the posted limit, right?:rolleyes:

not everyone rides as aggressive as you. jesus christ, i havent been on this site that long, but every time i see a post from you its bashing anyone who doesnt buy the top of the line shit. and mostly because you think everyone is dragging knee on the street or doing a track day. im not gonna track day the bike and im not gonna ride overly aggressive. as are some other people on this board. i wanted to try these tires out cause i heard good reviews, and they are a good price. im gonna be doing alot of traveling, alot of flat miles. more touring than anything, with some twisties mixed in (nothing to aggressive though) from the reviews you can get some good mileage from the tire, and they do still stick pretty well.

i am cheap, but i could have bought any set of tires i wanted, i choose to try these out.

LET IT BE man.

i know your trying to give incite, but sometimes you come across pretty brash and on a high horse.

Ok, put it this way. You can buy whatever the fuck you want. You can try and test them out. BUT, if you EVER want to ride and do things the way the bike was built to do, you need the proper equipment. If you're a cheap ass and wanna save cash, that's totally cool. But don't try and say your Daewoo sedan is as good as the BMW it is parked next to. Get my drift?

I didn't say riding like I do at the track. Ever been to Deal's Gap? Ever rode 10 in KY? You can ride WELL within the posted limits and need good tires to do it safely and effectively.

What gets me pissed is when people like yourself ask fucking questions and when people with experience chime in with legit info, you think we're telling you in a high and mighty way. I could give two fucks what you ride on. Bring them to an STT event and ride them at Mid-Ohio for all I care. I'll help you as much as the next guy. What you ride is what you ride. I can help in your decisions by giving you REAL world info and experience. If you don't want it, don't post asking questions as to what you should do.

Fuck.

1985 Cutlass Supreme I nicknamed.. Chevy Supreme.. Built Olds tough with Chevy Stuff..

388 stroker that ran 10's back in the day...

picture.php?albumid=95&pictureid=1965

picture.php?albumid=95&pictureid=1966

Nice! .10 E.T's!? My 5.0 wasn't that fast, probably because I was 18 at the time and didn't have much loot working at Papa Johns. :lol:

i would have to say you get what you pay for..id rather burn 300 in 4k miles than burn through a set of plastics and jeans..its worth it to me for the r+d name and piece of mind. cheap is typically cheap for a reason..that being said, blitz you have had great results so they cant be too bad.

bottom line is you get what you pay for

What gets me pissed is when people like yourself ask fucking questions and when people with experience chime in with legit info, you think we're telling you in a high and mighty way. I could give two fucks what you ride on. Bring them to an STT event and ride them at Mid-Ohio for all I care. I'll help you as much as the next guy. What you ride is what you ride. I can help in your decisions by giving you REAL world info and experience. If you don't want it, don't post asking questions as to what you should do.

Fuck.

first off i never asked for info about those tires here, i did my own research. you dont seem to have any legit experience with these tires. if these tires end up being junk for the type of riding im doing fine. but to flat out say they arent gonna be good is rediculous. every ones style of riding is different. and serisouly you cant honestly say that these tires will not be able to do posted speed limits in turns your a fucking idiot.

Does it have Shinko tires??

Nope I actually ran *GASP used shady bowl tires.. aka circle track tires. Which I am sure sucked at the drag strip. :D

Nice! .10 E.T's!? My 5.0 wasn't that fast, probably because I was 18 at the time and didn't have much loot working at Papa Johns.

I ran 10.4 to 10.8 depending on weather and track conditions at rundown laRue track..

I didn't say riding like I do at the track. Ever been to Deal's Gap? Ever rode 10 in KY? You can ride WELL within the posted limits and need good tires to do it safely and effectively.

You are stretching things here.. The day I can't ride within posted limits on ANY road with these tires on my bike is the day I should just quit fucking riding.. I will put any damn street/road tire on my bike and ride within posted limits. Give me a break..:nono:

first off i never asked for info about those tires here, i did my own research. you dont seem to have any legit experience with these tires. if these tires end up being junk for the type of riding im doing fine. but to flat out say they arent gonna be good is rediculous. every ones style of riding is different. and serisouly you cant honestly say that these tires will not be able to do posted speed limits in turns your a fucking idiot.

Let me help you with reading comprehension, Mkay? First, I said they were fine for sport touring or less than spirited riding. You say you don't ride hard nor do anything aggressive. Thus, they work for you. Anyone who rides spirited? Stay away.

As far as my experience, I know a few guys who have tried them to poor results. I also know a few drag racers and stunters who have tried them with success. What do you not understand here? Please avoid threads if you are too lacking in comprehension skills. It saves us all a lot of work...

The day I can't ride within posted limits on ANY road with these tires on my bike is the day I should just quit fucking riding.. I will put any damn street/road tire on my bike and ride within posted limits. Give me a break..:nono:

You can ride Deal's Gap within the posted limits and within your lane and not do some tire wear? Seriously? You a magic man on tires? Seen a number of GOOD riders come back and stay within those parameters and go a little over and have some decent wear showing. Nothing like bald, but wear edge to edge. Wanna trust Shitcos in that environment? God bless ya...

Same with 10? You can go 55 and stay in your lane and get through the corners down there and not have any wear or any load being placed on the outter edge of the tire? :rolleyes: