Shinko tires

luvkawzx6-R

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I dont recall him saying that his tires dont show wear. Just that he would be comfortable riding it with the tires he has.

I understand that. My point was that you will wear the tires and load the edges. Anyone that rides Deals and does it in a spirited fashion (within the posted limits and in their own lanes) will be riding a spirited pace. These tires are not the best choice.

What the hell? Can't anyone grasp that idea? They work great for some and not so well for others. Simple. Jesus.

I understand that. My point was that you will wear the tires and load the edges. Anyone that rides Deals and does it in a spirited fashion (within the posted limits and in their own lanes) will be riding a spirited pace. These tires are not the best choice.

What the hell? Can't anyone grasp that idea? They work great for some and not so well for others. Simple. Jesus.

brian why get worked up about it, let them buy the cheap tires and find out why they are cheap ....or they may work great for them...

You can ride Deal's Gap within the posted limits and within your lane and not do some tire wear? Seriously? You a magic man on tires? Seen a number of GOOD riders come back and stay within those parameters and go a little over and have some decent wear showing. Nothing like bald, but wear edge to edge. Wanna trust Shitcos in that environment? God bless ya...

Same with 10? You can go 55 and stay in your lane and get through the corners down there and not have any wear or any load being placed on the outter edge of the tire? :rolleyes:

I agree, 10/22 :D

Ok, put it this way. You can buy whatever the fuck you want. You can try and test them out. BUT, if you EVER want to ride and do things the way the bike was built to do, you need the proper equipment. If you're a cheap ass and wanna save cash, that's totally cool. But don't try and say your Daewoo sedan is as good as the BMW it is parked next to. Get my drift?

I didn't say riding like I do at the track. Ever been to Deal's Gap? Ever rode 10 in KY? You can ride WELL within the posted limits and need good tires to do it safely and effectively.

What gets me pissed is when people like yourself ask fucking questions and when people with experience chime in with legit info, you think we're telling you in a high and mighty way. I could give two fucks what you ride on. Bring them to an STT event and ride them at Mid-Ohio for all I care. I'll help you as much as the next guy. What you ride is what you ride. I can help in your decisions by giving you REAL world info and experience. If you don't want it, don't post asking questions as to what you should do.

Fuck.

Deals gap October 08, Well above posted limits on Shinko 009 tires - And this was just the "Gap", I went much faster on the Hellbender and some other side roads - And I personally feel that I ride rather conservatively. I agree the turn in is tougher than with some less rounded tires, but for the price they are great, that said you can buy better tires, but these are NOT as bad as most make them out to be. Very forgiving, the front gives a bit of a squeal when its at the limit, the rear I have yet to reach the limit of on good pavement, I have drug pegs / toes first. Try not to stare at my fat ass excessively ;)

Dealsgap1.jpg

Dealsgap2.jpg

Dealsgap3.jpg

Dealsgap4.jpg

Dealsgap5.jpg

Dealsgap6.jpg

Dealsgap7.jpg

^^^ look like u got a ways to go before ur at the edge in those pics. had a friend that tried the shinkos out once. siad they were the worst tires he had ever ran for any type of cruvie road.

i'd never run them but its ur choice and ur bike.

Well, define the edge? If the "edge" is the point where you lose, and the side of the road wins, I prefer to stay this side of the edge. Again, I am a conservative rider, simply stating that they are more than enough to have some fun with, and go home safely. If you want to run "at the edge" then by all means, buy a better tire. I have no intentions of riding "At the edge" on a public road, as I prefer to have some reserve to deal with the variables life throws at you. I am simply saying they are not "Death Traps" or "Life Threatening" by any means. If your looking to drag your knee on every corner, please do buy better tires.

Deals gap October 08, Well above posted limits on Shinko 009 tires - And this was just the "Gap", I went much faster on the Hellbender and some other side roads - And I personally feel that I ride rather conservatively. I agree the turn in is tougher than with some less rounded tires, but for the price they are great, that said you can buy better tires, but these are NOT as bad as most make them out to be. Very forgiving, the front gives a bit of a squeal when its at the limit, the rear I have yet to reach the limit of on good pavement, I have drug pegs / toes first. Try not to stare at my fat ass excessively ;)

Dealsgap1.jpg

Dealsgap2.jpg

Dealsgap3.jpg

Dealsgap4.jpg

Dealsgap5.jpg

Dealsgap6.jpg

Dealsgap7.jpg

No offense, but you drag toes because your foot placement is wrong. Your body positioning is also not good and can lead to major issues in terms of handling and how the bike reacts.

You are also loading the tires in a bad way that can lead to things you won't want to happen.

You guys can run what you want and if you feel comfortable with an inferior tire, cool. But, when asking opinions, you're going to get the truth from a lot of sources that have a higher level of ability and experience with more tire brands...

Well, define the edge? If the "edge" is the point where you lose, and the side of the road wins, I prefer to stay this side of the edge. Again, I am a conservative rider, simply stating that they are more than enough to have some fun with, and go home safely. If you want to run "at the edge" then by all means, buy a better tire. I have no intentions of riding "At the edge" on a public road, as I prefer to have some reserve to deal with the variables life throws at you. I am simply saying they are not "Death Traps" or "Life Threatening" by any means. If your looking to drag your knee on every corner, please do buy better tires.

You're not riding anywhere close to the edge in terms of that set of tires. There again are guys that can ride Deals and not push beyond the posted limits of the road and stay within lines and run a much higher pace than what you depict there. Again, we all start somewhere and you said it best "Again, I am a conservative rider, simply stating that they are more than enough to have some fun with, and go home safely." Simply put, your amount of fun may be a lower pace than others. Those are the ones that I suggest to look elsewhere...

• 2 weeks later...

I put about 450 miles so far on the shinko's. Not bad, but like most people said not that great for "spirited " riding. They work great for riding back and forth to work. I haven't tried them on wet pavement yet. Hopefully they'll get me through this riding season, and have more cash next year to go back to the cont. or bridgestones. Overall you get what you pay for, they were only $150 for the set.