ordered a droid incredible today

evan9381

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

ive heard the incredible is being discontinued for some issues..any other verizon employee confirm this? mom went in to get an upgrade and they said that to her, so shes waiting till july 15th(ish) to get the droidX

just googled and saw this...

http://www.phonenews.com/droid-incredible-not-being-discontinued-is-dropping-amoled-11572/

hmm...

• 3 weeks later...

so following a thread on android forums, i saw a couple people ordered 6/30 and got their phones today. called verizons *611 number, and it said i had a pending activation...sweeeeet. get a CS rep, she said it shipped today, and with overnight, it'll be here tomorrow.

im just hoping its here before i go to work, so i can take it to work to charge it, put the screen protector on, then start using it near the end of my shift when it slows down. im stoked.

and fuck verizon. told me it would be shipped overnight, woman gave me the tracking number today, said it was shipped today and would be here tomorrow, and when i just put in the tracking number, it says its in PA and it was shipped 2 day service, and wont be here until 7/22.

FUCK

its not the extra day that pisses me off, as i wasnt expecting it until next week, its that i was told it would be sent overnight when i ordered it, and even more, that i was told LAST NIGHT that they shipped it overnight, and it would be here today, which was obviously a blatant lie.

Not to mention, they charge you for shipping it overnite.

i dont know if it would have been less if i wasnt told overnight. it was $149.99 for new every 2 upgrade, and $50 less for private sale credit, and i paid $99.99 + tax.

i called tonight and the guy basically said sorry, nothing i can do, you'll get your phone tomorrow

let him know i was thouroghly pissed and i would be relaying this situation. he tried the "oh i hope you wouldnt do that over one mishap" bs. i told him had i not been lied to, maybe not, but being lied to and then just kinda given the "oh well, we're sorry" attitude is shitty.

edit - guess i can't be upset as i was...called them at 10 when i got off work, just checked my email and got this...

Dear Evan,

My name is Kelly W. and I am sorry to learn of the confusion on shipping on orders process through our website. Overnight shipping is available at no charge, however, it must be selected during the new phone order. While processing the order online, you will be prompted to choose your preferred shipping method. We have different options available as some customers don't mind paying the extra money to have Saturday delivery since Saturday's are not normal delivery days for Fed Ex, combined with Fed Ex requires a signature for delivery, some customers prefer other choices. I apologize for the confusion this caused. Once the order has been processed and left our warehouse, it cannot be updated. I would have called you about this, however, it was too late.

I applied a credit for 1 month free of the $29.99 data feature for your first bill. This adjustment will come off the first billing of the data companion that will be added to your account at the time you activate the new phone.

Although it was too late to call you, I'm glad that I was able to explain the shipping further with you and add the 1 month free for the $29.99 data feature. Thank you for being the best part of Verizon Wireless, our customers.

Sincerely,

Kelly W.

Verizon Wireless

Customer Service

Posting from my phone now. Pretty cool. Took a while because my backup assistant hadn't been updating so we had to reactivate my old phone, load contacts then reactivate this one. Good thing my old phone never took a shit or I'd be fucked...I thought the backup assistant was set up and running every night. And the spell correcting on here is nice for someone who's never used a virtual keyboard...I can understand why Pauls posts can look like shot though...lol. a lot to figure out with this thing. I predict very little work to get done tomorrow.

my fiance bought me a droid x...i guess it will be here august 4th...i'm super excited! i had a blackberry pearl over 2 years ago and i used it a lot but was disappointed with it's web stuff...looking forward to something a lot more user friendly :) i've been using a regular phone for a long time and i'm constantly bitching about wishing i had a phone with internet, especially at the track when we want to look up the weather

just to update. now that ive had it for a day or so, been learning a few basic things, im very happy with it. gotten a few things customized, set up 6 of the 7 home pages, got some apps that seem like something i'd use...will be trying out mapmyride or edomondo tomorrow for a bike ride.

i got my droid x last night...it's stupid that you can't uninstall programs like the blockbuster app that came on it...it's just part of the os...grr

but so far i really like it...i need to get a cover for it so it doesn't get all busted and it sucks that it doesn't fit in my pocket

Has anyone rooted an Incredible yet? Link to how to do it?

Androidforums.com ...theres an htc incredible subforum and another subforum just for root.

Im surprised the X's have been rooted. Was reading something about an efuse and something else that would brick tue phone if you tried

Lol. Took me a couple days to learn how to do the easiest/dumbest things. Once i got the hang of it, its smooth sailing

Yeah I know what you mean. Took a while to get used to my droid and I'm still learning new stuff all the time about it. Prob the best phone I have had in a long time.