Picked up my new car.

Doug1647545489

Cleaned out the garage. All tucked in for the night. Car got a lot of positive comments at cars and coffee. Even the 5th gen camaro guys liked it.

http://sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-snc4/hs142.snc4/36473_422812557224_515552224_4215405_1090512_n.jpg

Cleaned out the garage. All tucked in for the night. Car got a lot of positive comments at cars and coffee. Even the 5th gen camaro guys liked it.

http://sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-snc4/hs142.snc4/36473_422812557224_515552224_4215405_1090512_n.jpg

Weird, I have the same power washer, creeper, and shop vac.

Very tempting to tune it, but I want to keep my warranty. Never know with a first year powertrain.

That is definitely a valid concern. The good thing about the first model year is that after the first year, manufacturers start looking for ways to cut production costs.

The car tuned feels like a completely different car and is a ton of fun to drive. The more I drive it, the more I enjoy it. I see you are in NC. I have a friend that owns a shop in Conover that could help you out if you ever did decide to do a tune.

That is definitely a valid concern. The good thing about the first model year is that after the first year, manufacturers start looking for ways to cut production costs.

The car tuned feels like a completely different car and is a ton of fun to drive. The more I drive it, the more I enjoy it. I see you are in NC. I have a friend that owns a shop in Conover that could help you out if you ever did decide to do a tune.

When I do start messing with it (2-3 years), i'll probably be doing my own tuning on our chassis dyno at work.

Can't you buy a supercharger from ford racing the does not void the warr. ?

For the 4.6 3v cars you can do the Roush M90 setup and keep the factory warranty as long as it is installed by a Roush authorized dealer or performance shop. There is nothing available yet for the 5.0 although I think Ford Racing/Whipple are getting close on the setup they are using on the GT350. Dont know if it will keep the factory when they actually start selling the kits over the counter or not.

Very cool! It is a fun car to work on.

Went to the track and embarrassed myself.

I think I need the driver mod first. Massive wheel hop all through 1st and 2nd. It actually hooks way better on the street.

Best pass was my first in the heat.

13.6 @ 110

2.4 60 ft. Haha.

Mph is decent for the heat, but there no way I'm hooking the stock tires.

I did destroy a stockish ls1 gto. He trapped like 103. Had to chase him down after I was done hopping.