What a shitty day/rant

wnaplay1647545503

As some of you may have read I have been working on getting the boat out this year. Had engine problems last week and after taking sensors apart and cleaning them I thought I had it fixed(took it today to test it). The boat started just fine the 20 times I started it, and ran on the earmuffs just fine in neutral. I take it out to alum and it starts just fine and we get out of the no wake zone and put it in gear and it falls flat on its face, just barely chugging along. Put it in neutral and give it gas and it revs up strong, put it back in gear and flat on its ass. So I go to the first cove thinking "oh well, I am here might as well swim and then limp it back to the trailer". Swim for about hr or 2 and try to start and although it tries like hell and almost starts, nothing. Finally this older fisherman who went further back into the cove than us comes over and tows us back to the dock. The line to get out is crazy, I would say there was 30-40 trucks trying. I get the boat into the dock and jockey for a spot in an effort to get the boat close enough to pull it onto a trailer. I finally get it where I need to be so I can rope it to the trailer. Go get in line and we are around the corner in line and I am waiting to cross over into the main line. Here comes this guy, pulls in line and tries to bypass everyone else. the guy in front of me goes and then this guy makes his move. I already moved up as soon as the new guy came so he could tell I was waiting. This guy jumps right in line even though I gave a quick honk again to let him know I was in line, but he jumps me anyways. At this point I am pissed, jump out of the car and give him some not so nice words, when he tells me "but I let the guy in front of you go", like its okay I have been in line for 40mins and he just came. So I finally make the wife take the car and I go back to the boat and wait. The guy later apologized and we were cool after we chatted at the dock. I was already ticked that the boat had issues and then a piece of my bimini top fell into the lake never to be seen again, and to top it all off some yahoo does a flybye the dock as my daughter is getting off and shakes everything, so there goes the cell phone in as well. Now I feel better, but still need to figure this damn thing out

My life has been completely flipped upside down. I have literally blown through all my savings trying to stay afloat since I havent been able to work since april 09 due to the injury. My foot swells up everyday and walking on it is like a torture treatment which puts me in a bad mood and i dont even know it until someone points it out. Sleep is done in about 2 hr increments. My car is breaking and i really dont want to spend any money, nor really have it to pay someone to figure it out. I have to tell the kids all the time i dont have money for certain things which i never did before. I literally have taken a massive paycut. I made all of $14k last year, which is down from $55-65K per year. It just sucks.

Less time on cr more time on monster jobs = profit. Get a desk job so u don't have to walk around.

That is not going to make him feel better dick.

Jason if you want I'll come hang out and work on your shit just to learn some new things. I'm sure I can figure it out.

That is not going to make him feel better dick.

Jason if you want I'll come hang out and work on your shit just to learn some new things. I'm sure I can figure it out.

Scott helped me when mine was being finiky he will take care of ya bud

Hope u get it worked out. Shoot if not come grab mine homeslice

i took my boat out and it wouldn't turn over at the dock, so i used the jump pack thinking that i could just charge it out on the water. then once out there for about 45 mins running, i decided i would try and turn it off and see if it would restart. it didn't, the jumpack took about 15 mins to get it going agin this time so we went to the marina and bought a battery. was actually only $97, i had called advance and autozone and they were right around the same price. bought the battery and installed it and then it ran great for the rest of the day. not nearly as bad as your day, but still a very nerve racking day.

#1 - NEVER go to Alum on the weekends.

#2 - From your house to a great Muskigum boat ramp is a 1 hour drive. Sure, it's further than Alum, but you will have zero wait at the ramp, very friendly people, and flat as glass water that never has too many boats on it.

#3 - Never carry anything you can't drop into the water around the docks. The rule for my boat is everything valuable is put into the glove box BEFORE we ever get to the dock, and doesn't come out until we are cleaning off the boat. In 10 years with this boat, we have never lost a single set of keys/phone/wallet/etc.

The boating will get better. When I first did the motor swap on mine, I had all sorts of issues for the first couple of months. Got it all sorted out except for the running like shit part, and ended up being something uber simple - the brand new plugs the motor came with were bad. New plugs = ran perfect (the plugs I pulled looked good too).

Can't say my day reflected yours - took the boat out to O'Shaughnessy, did some swimming and a couple rounds of wakeboarding. Typical weekend boating. :)

After boating at Dale hallow for many years I honestly can say i hate ohio lakes. Dale hollow has over 600 miles of shorline, never a wait, never wake due to other boats. After having that, spending 3mins to travel one side of a lake to another is just boring. Scott I woud pay you for your time, I just hate paying a shop who I know will throw parts at it until the problem is fixed. Let me know if your bored whenever.

I bought the boat from the boat mechanic for city of columbus(he did a tune up a few months before). It ran great when I got it, he actually put some new parts on it right before however I never really used it for the 5 years I have had it. I took it out maybe once a year. I winterized each year because I never went a year without starting it. 2 years ago I took it out and in gear it would run fine then slow down on its own, then on its own go full throttle again(all while throttle was fully engaged). It did this over and over and I never paid it no mind since we only used it here and going fast or far was no big deal. This year I go to start it with a brand new battery and although it really wanted to start it wouldnt. heres the link to my first thread in the tech section describing what I have done. Maintenance by me is none other than winterizing it and changing outdrive oil.

http://www.columbusracing.com/forums/showthread.php?t=82278