F-body guys: What's it worth

AudiOn19s

Friend at work asked me what her WS6 is worth. I've got no clue but know there's a pretty big f-body following here so I thought I'd throw it out there.

'00 Pewter WS6, 36k miles, auto, not driven in rain or snow. Weekend car only. New tires, battery and flowmaster muffler.

KBB value is depressing (12K), They're all over the map on AutoTrader ranging anywhere from 10-20K.

What's real market value for something like this?

Guest tbutera2112

^ thats a bit optimistic...ide say 12-14 with the right buyer...and only because of the mileage

you might see 14-16 on a car lot for it, but not private sale (then again, you never know what the right buyer is willing to pay for something)

Guest tbutera2112

ws6 has a zr1 suspension and 300 extra h-pees....amirite?

No.

Being an Auto hurts the value on this car a bit.

Though 12k sounds depressing, this is a 10 year old car that sold in the high 20k to low 30k range new (and that's at MSRP...probably sold for a real price of mid to high 20's). 12k today is better than most year 2000 cars priced in the same category.

Too many WS6 LS1 T/A's were sold for it to have any rare value. If it were a Formula WS6 (last year was 99 for that), it would be worth more. If it were a 30th Anv. Edition (99), it would be worth a LOT more. Same for if it was a Firehawk.

Sold mine for 12k when I decided to get a new car. 12 to 14 k sounds about right. It being an auto hurts the value a little because most people with a car like that will want the 6 speed. Not everyone but most. Thats the first thing I look for in a sports car on autotrader, if its auto or not because if it is auto it isn't worth it in my book. Takes out all of the fun of driving a car like that.