Looking at a boat

Sam1647545489

It has a 350 chevy. Best bang for the buck to get more hp out of it. Its carbed so right now I have another turbo laying here off a diesel truck. Thought about if I get it doin a blow through setup with the turbo which would cause me to buy a new carb. Or do a head, cam, fuel injection swap from Jegs and running that. Last possible thing would be a lsx based motor in it, 5.3 or 6.0 and running one of them. Thoughts or any other insight would be nice..

The absolute BEST advice I can give is get a bravo. With your plans you WILL pop and Alpha 1 drive. I will too on my Formula, but since I didn't listen and get a boat with one already, I will have to redo my whole transom and swap all the stuff. I will have 3-5K in that swap easy.

If it is a OMC setup, keep on walking.

I have heard a turbo set up does not function AS WELL as a blower set up on boats. I do not have data to support, just from ALOT of my readings. Just look into it further before building an engine for turbo.

I like my carb setup over EFI simply because I know it and how to work on it. Carb is great for $$$ and simplicity, but you can't beat the reliability of EFI.

Me personally, if the boat you are looking at is an alpha one drive, I would do heads, cam, intake, carb, and exhaust...then start the plans to build a blower motor and bravo swap (if you are set on this boat, if not find a BRAVO).

The way my stroker is headed, I can have fun for now and HOPEFULLY baby my alpha one through the rest of the season, then start gathering up the Bravo swap stuff. After the bravo is swapped, I will be putting a blower on it (probably a procharger). I dropped down the compression just enough to be able to do this.

What size is this boat?

Just curious, what exhaust do you plan on running?

Well I have a lead on a ls3 motor right now. I am suppost to go get the boat tonight if everything goes to plan. The only thing I cant find is if there are a set of manifolds that will work with lsx style heads. Also how does the water pump work on these boats. I understand it sucks water out of the lake from the outdrive and then pumps it to the water pump on the motor????? The reason I ask is because I need to know what to modify to run a lsx motor in it.

Well I have a lead on a ls3 motor right now. I am suppost to go get the boat tonight if everything goes to plan. The only thing I cant find is if there are a set of manifolds that will work with lsx style heads. Also how does the water pump work on these boats. I understand it sucks water out of the lake from the outdrive and then pumps it to the water pump on the motor????? The reason I ask is because I need to know what to modify to run a lsx motor in it.

Many of the newer V8 boats run LSX based motors from the factory, so manifolds won't be an issue.