Bought a new daily driver

Mallard

Well, now it turns out my wife likes it so much she's going to drive it and give me her Altima, but oh well.

For the last few weeks we've been looking at new cars to replace my 04 Mazda 6. After driving a lot of cars, the top of the list was a new Regal, Lacross, and Equinox. We ruled out most Ford's because they were thousands more for comparable equipment, Chrysler's won't be good until they're all done being refreshed (hitting dealers in a couple months), the Nissan dealer around here is full of ass holes, plus we really wanted to buy something from a Detroit based automaker (gotta support the local economy).

We liked the Equinox and felt it was a really good value, but there's a 3 month wait for a new one, so we decided to look around. On Saturday I drove by a dealer that had one sitting in their used lot. I didn't even think of it at the time, but it was the last day of the month and about an hour before the dealer closed. He threw out a price that was a little high, so I low balled back. They made a counter a little lower, so I said I would just wait for a new one, got in my car and started to drive away. The salesman chased my car down and they gave me $300 less than my offer + $900 extra on my trade. Needless to say, I walked out with a new (used) 2010 Equinox 2.4L AWD almost completely loaded and got their price down over $5k. :D

CLIFFS: An hour before close on the last day of the month is a good time to buy a car.

I won't even attempt to take my own pics, but it's exactly like this one.

http://image.motortrend.com/f/12632794/1125_0812_07z+2010_chevrolet_equinox+interior_view.jpg

http://www.caranddriver.com/var/ezflow_site/storage/images/reviews/car/09q3/2010_chevrolet_equinox-second_drive/gallery/2010_chevrolet_equinox_interior_photo_7/2798543-1-eng-US/2010-chevrolet-equinox-7_cd_gallery.jpg

http://autoworld.files.wordpress.com/2008/12/chevrolet-equinox-2010-interior-img_8.jpg?w=510

http://www.autosavant.com/wp-content/uploads/2009/07/2010-chevrolet-equinox-black.jpg

I have to say that the Equinox has some of the best seats you can find in a car in this price range. They're very supportive, nicely contoured, and so far have proven very comfortable. Even the middle row is nicely contoured, plus it sides forward/backward almost 8 inches so there's a ton of leg room back there.

The 2.4L isn't going to win any races, but it gets good mileage and doesn't feel slow around town. Getting on the freeway is where you wish it had more power. The V6 isn't any faster, so I don't think it's worth the extra cost. I wish the put the 260 Hp/260 lb-ft Ecotec DI Turbo engine in it, but nothings perfect.

There's plenty of room for passengers, cargo, bikes, etc. so hopefully it proves to be the perfect daily driver, long trip cruiser, cargo carrying, family vehicle that we so far think it lives up to be.

the domestics have all come a long way in just a couple years. funny how a little competition and a foot up their ass can turn them around in a short time. I'm still impressed with how my new daily is loaded up and the quality compares to the imports.

the domestics have all come a long way in just a couple years. funny how a little competition and a foot up their ass can turn them around in a short time. I'm still impressed with how my new daily is loaded up and the quality compares to the imports.

Agreed, thankfully were finally getting some of the tech and design queues they've kept overseas.

Looks good, at least you got the 2.4, I've seen a some problems with the V6s (same as the Traverse). We can't get them in fast enough for people at Dave Gill, and they are 100 times better then the old ones. The Ecotec line of engines is tried and true, I like ours.

Looks good, at least you got the 2.4, I've seen a some problems with the V6s (same as the Traverse). We can't get them in fast enough for people at Dave Gill, and they are 100 times better then the old ones. The Ecotec line of engines is tried and true, I like ours.

they are not the same as the traverse. different system and parts. traverse you have to pull the front cover if the reprogram doesn't fix it, equinox you have to pull the head no matter what.