What happened to my turn signal?

Fubar231

Look at it.

http://i50.photobucket.com/albums/f302/SevereSarz/IMG00349-20100812-1515.jpg

The bottom part is all melted together and shit. This was the front drivers side turn signal in a 2000 Camaro SS. Anyone know why it would of MELTED like that?

The one in my car exploded......... Wasn't cool trying to get all the pieces out. Mine has gone bad a few times since we had the car. Seems like a pretty common problem. Its a GM......... at least parts are cheap, and the cars are decently fast. Other wise I would have been done with my POS car a long time ago.

tell me how!!!!!!!!!

LS1 Tech, also if your harness is melted Autozone sells the cheap sockets. And +1 on drilling a small hole in the lens i still use my DRL and havent had any issues since getting new lenses and drilling with DRLs on ALL the time.

You check for a frayed wire near the connector or burnt socket? We see that a lot on GMs and is usually one of those things causing it. A poor connection at the socket or frayed wire can cause an arc kinda like a spark plug and generates a lot of heat, and melts things. Short version poor connection = heat = melting