bike for my son....

xlr8tn

This fall I'm going to buy a dirt bike for my son. He's been riding the 4 wheeler for a couple of years now and he's begging for a dirt bike. I'll take him around to some places and see what fits him but was wondering what a good starter bike is for a 7 year old? 80cc or so? Been a long time since I've even looked at dirt bikes. They still make the yz 80's?

I'd really like to talk him into a larger quad because he could grow into that easier and I wouldn't have to buy bikes every couple of years. He's riding a 110 now and I was thinking a 250 would last him several years. That being said he's really wanting a bike so it'd be a tough sell on another quad. I'm the dad so I could always pull trump and say "quad or nothing" but that's kind of a shitty way to do it. I want him to get something that he's gonna be happy with.

He's a very mature rider for his age and power wise I wouldn't hesitate at getting him the largest he can fit on. The problem is he's not really big enough to fit on much. Just curious to see what your opinions are.

Guest tbutera2112

i got a pw80 for sale for $150...it needs some work, fired it up on the 4th of july and rode it around the yard...smoking like a freight train lol...thats the only time its ran in a few years...but it might be something easy to fix since it ran fine when it was parked originally

interested?

whats he currently ride right now? get him a blaster 250 two stroke (there for sale cheap too) will move him along nicely an then move him up to a full size quad in 2 seasons.

dirtbikes in ohio since it smostly tight trails just isant fun... i had dirtbikes in so cal when i lived there an was great in the open desert.. i moved to ohio an had quads on the trails an was great. jsut recently got a dirtbike an hate it... cause the trails are so tight..

i would pull trump an just get him a new quad he will enjoy it more.

but if he still wants one ive got a 01 ktm 250sx dirtbiek for sale :)

i got a pw80 for sale for $150...it needs some work, fired it up on the 4th of july and rode it around the yard...smoking like a freight train lol...thats the only time its ran in a few years...but it might be something easy to fix since it ran fine when it was parked originally

interested?

thanks for the offer but it's gonna be this fall before I get him one and I'll most likely buy new.

whats he currently ride right now? get him a blaster 250 two stroke (there for sale cheap too) will move him along nicely an then move him up to a full size quad in 2 seasons.

dirtbikes in ohio since it smostly tight trails just isant fun... i had dirtbikes in so cal when i lived there an was great in the open desert.. i moved to ohio an had quads on the trails an was great. jsut recently got a dirtbike an hate it... cause the trails are so tight..

i would pull trump an just get him a new quad he will enjoy it more.

but if he still wants one ive got a 01 ktm 250sx dirtbiek for sale :)

right now he's just got a chinese built 110cc quad. Can't complain about it really....we've had really good luck with it. I like the quad idea and that's what I'd like to do but he really wants the bike. Trails aren't really an issue.....he rides in the yard for now. I'm sure at some point he'll want to hit the trails but for the time being the yard is plenty big enough ( couple acres). I'm buying myself a quad too at the same time so I'm sure we'll be hitting the trails at some point since we only live 30 minutes from the trails at wayne.

I think that 250 would be too tall for him and I'll most likely buy new.

interested?

Pm me some pics, details.