Going to Pittsburgh...where to stay & what to do

Sully

The g/f and I are planning a road trip this weekend to Pittsburgh, mainly to eat at Primanti Bros.

We will be leaving early Saturday and have all day Saturday and Sunday, coming back Monday morning. In what part of town should we stay? I have Hilton Honors points to use, so I'd like to stay at one of their brand hotels. Any recommendations as to location?

Also, what should we do while we're there? (Beside have lots and lots of sex since that is a given...and yes, I will also piihb because she lets me do that already) So, I'm looking for things to do/attractions/sites, etc while we are taking breaks from having the sex.

Pittsburgh is a shit town. I go out a couple times a year to visit friends. Just went 2 weekends ago...ill post more when i get home and am on a computer and not my phone. Ive been to the place youre talking about. Wasnt great but not bad.

Full of stupid roads, stupid drivers. I get out there and park until i leave. Its a PITA to get around if you dont know the area. Gps doesnt even help. My buddy that met us there a couple weeks ago go lost so much with his tomtom, when he pulled up, he go out of the car and threw his gps into the ground and shattered the screen...needless to say, he had to follow me home. Lol

Pittsburgh is a shit town. I go out a couple times a year to visit friends. Just went 2 weekends ago...ill post more when i get home and am on a computer and not my phone. Ive been to the place youre talking about. Wasnt great but not bad.

Full of stupid roads, stupid drivers. I get out there and park until i leave. Its a PITA to get around if you dont know the area. Gps doesnt even help. My buddy that met us there a couple weeks ago go lost so much with his tomtom, when he pulled up, he go out of the car and threw his gps into the ground and shattered the screen...needless to say, he had to follow me home. Lol

While the roads do suck, carson city > anywhere to booze in columbus

You don't know how to enjoy a drive.

There's some cool places to go.

-Take her up the Incline to Mt Washington. Awesome view of the city.

-There's the Andy Warhol museum if you have any culture.

-Strip District is cool to walk around and see a lot of ethnic shops. Original Pirmanti's is down there. There's a cool Pittsburgh history museum three blocks from there as well towards town.

-South Side is full of cool bars and restaurants. Definitely hit that up Sat. night.

-If you want to go for a drive, I can tell you some really fun roads to drive on outside the city.

-Go to a Pirates game. They suck, but being in the stadium is a cool experience.

I'll think of some other things.

The Braves are at Pirates on Monday at 1:35pm, so we're going to go to that game. I'm not a fan of either, but it'll still be cool to go. I was in San Diego last year for work and went to a Padres game. They were playing the Nationals. Again, not a fan of either team, but it was fun.

Staying at this hotel. Thanks to reward points I received by traveling for work, I only have to pay for 1 of the 2 nights.

http://hamptoninn.hilton.com/en/hp/hotels/index.jhtml;jsessionid=GT2CGBE35TBIGCSGBJBNEWQ?moreDesc=true&ctyhocn=PITDNHX

The Hampton Inn & Suites Pittsburgh Downtown is centrally located less than two blocks away from the David L. Lawrence Convention Center. Easy walking distance to the offices of HJ Heinz, AT&T, PNC Bank, UPMC and all of the major sporting venues. Located in Pittsburgh's historic Strip District.

Get ready for an adventure of a life time here in western Pennsylvania. Pittsburgh offers fun and recreation for all ages, whether your idea of a good time is barreling down a rollercoaster, taking in the game or visiting one of our many museums. Pittsburgh's assortment of entertainment options are endless. Most everything you will want to experience in Pittsburgh is either just footsteps from our front door or just a few minutes by car.

During the day, the Strip District fills with aroma of great food. Come see the open food markets, street vendors and unique shops. At night the Strip District transforms in to the place to be for night life featuring large entertainment venues and chic nightclubs.

Pittsburgh's only Smithsonian affiliated museum the Senator John Heinz History Center is directly across the street or make a weekend trip and visit the National Aviary, Carnegie Science Center, Children's Museum of Pittsburgh, Pittsburgh Zoo, PPG Aquarium AND Kennywood Park. Minutes away are all of Pittsburgh's prestigious colleges and universities; the University of Pittsburgh, Duquesne University, Carnegie Mellon University and Point Park College.

If it's for work or play, make the Hampton Inn & Suites Pittsburgh Downtown your first choice when traveling to the City of Champions!

Just follow the signs....

http://i138.photobucket.com/albums/q245/wdp531/arrow_sign_lg.jpg

Kennywood is a great amusement park.Lots of fun rides. I use to go every year growing up.

Good call. I think they close it up this weekend too.