CR Fall Drag Day 2010 at D42: Registration Open!

MrMeanGreen

Register here:

http://cr-fall-10.eventbrite.com/

---------------------------------------------------------

CR Fall Drag Day 2010 at Dragway 42

<table style="width: 500px; text-align: center;" border="0" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0"> <tbody> <tr> <td width="250">

</td> <td width="250">

</td> </tr> </tbody> </table>

http://www.dragway42.com/images/D42-50thBanner323x125.gif

Dragway 42 - West Salem, Ohio (about 1.5 hours north of Columbus off of I-71)

Date: Saturday, November 6th, 2010

10am-2pm

Max of 30 vehicles

Price: $45, non-refundable unless the event is canceled. $50 at the gate day of event.

Spectators are free!

Gates and Entry:

Gates will open at 9AM and racing is from 10AM to 2PM.

You must pre-register to attend the event. The payment link and information can be found in the CR Track Days section or main page of www.columbusracing.com. When paying, please include your name, screen name (or referring website), and vehicle in the comments section.

Tech:

Tech is from 9-10AM in the staging lanes, and all registrants will be required to sign a waiver not holding Dragway 42 or Columbus Racing responsible for liability. We as a club are doing the tech-in and are looking for no leaks, nothing falling off, etc. You must wear long pants and a shirt with sleeves, t-shirts are fine. A Snell/DOT approved helmet is also required if you're running 13.99 or quicker. All vehicles will be marked after tech for record-keeping and verification reasons. You will not be able to race if you're not teched in; if you deliberately try to race without tech you will be ejected from the track and forfeit your registration money. Dragway 42 staff will be watching. Should you arrive after 10am it's your responsibility to track down a club representative to tech you in.

Motorcycles must have a Snell/DOT helmet with full shield, full-sleeve protective jacket, long pants, and over-the-ankle-shoes. If your motorcycle is quicker than 10.00 or faster than 120mph, you WILL need full protective gear and boots. It's suicide not to. Do not try and get around this, if you're busted, we may eject you from the event and you will forfeit your registration money.

Racing:

Please be courteous and orderly to other drivers. We will be running a slick/drag radial lane ONLY and the other lane for all tires.

If you break and spill fluids or damage the track, you are responsible for the clean-up fees and/or repairs. They are typically $70-300, depending on what you break and how bad you mess the track up. We have seen a few bills in the thousands for really severe stuff. If your car is a piece of shit and you cannot afford the clean-up, don't race.

If you knowingly cause a track shut down due to breakage or leaking fluids, you will be responsible for the rental charges for the down time. If you notice your vehicle leaking fluids, shut it down and pull to the side of the lane for assistance.

INFORMATION:

Email: events [at] columbusracing [dot] com

Edited by MrMeanGreen

• Replies 168
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm sure I'll come, but what a crock of shit...having to pay for cleanup if I have a catastrophic engine failure....THEN paying for the down time if it's (super) major....I mean...why even have the track people there, they aren't doing a damn thing!!!

I've rented tracks before and they tried to pull that shit and I told them no-way that's crap, part of owning the track & holding events like that is cleaning up IF there's breakage. Once they saw that they weren't going to get the couple grand that they wanted to rent the track out in the fall time...they changed their tone.

/sigh even dragstrips are getting cheap now-a-days...

Scott

CR gets charged if the track is oiled down, so we just passing it straight off to the person responsible. Nothing personal.

As for the downtime, we had a car two years ago shut the track down for three hours after they knowingly made a pass shitting oil. Other people that had paid for a full day were asking CR for a refund, so again, it gets passed straight to the person responsible (but only if they knowingly made a run leaking shit).

Yeah, too bad it's come to that shit. I hate dealing with it.

I'm sure I'll come, but what a crock of shit...having to pay for cleanup if I have a catastrophic engine failure....THEN paying for the down time if it's (super) major....I mean...why even have the track people there, they aren't doing a damn thing!!!

I've rented tracks before and they tried to pull that shit and I told them no-way that's crap, part of owning the track & holding events like that is cleaning up IF there's breakage. Once they saw that they weren't going to get the couple grand that they wanted to rent the track out in the fall time...they changed their tone.

Scott

Scott

I have heard of tracks that impound your car until you pay the clean up fee. It might have been over in the UK or out west but you have to pay a certain fee to get it back out.

WOW.....thats pathetic that tracks can get away with that shit. IF you rent a DRAG RACING TRACK, and the track doesn't even take care of breakage of a good car on a good run, something is wrong.

Dark Formula, I know what you mean by someone knowingly going down the track with a broke ass car and that should warrant a punishment. I just can't believe that tracks have gotten so cheap that they don't even cover cleaning the track when they OWN IT!

/sigh

I know...lets build our own track :p lol

dont go down the track if you or your car cant handle the pass...i dont see whats a big suprise here? sounds like common sense to me

if i can get the bike fixed by then, ill make a few passes

HAHA please man.....I've rented the tracks in PA a few times for events similar to what you guys are having, but did so about 7yrs ago was the last time. And the tracks were responsible for cleanups if there were any issues. NOW...if you slide and hit the wall and it needed repaired, you were responsible for that.

I don't know if you are...BUT please don't preach to me man about "if my car or me can't handle the pass don't go".... That's like saying you can guarantee that you will take a motor built like mine, to the hilt, and it's going to make 100passes and NEVER have a problem. If someone tried to make you that bet, would you take it? No, you wouldn't, because you know that race motor's, can come apart at any point.

....It's just the nature of the beast. :cool:

And I wasn't really complaining..it was more of a surprise because I only had 1 track try to do that to me when I rented it and after some talking, they decided to cover any oil downs but still held to their guns that if someone hit the wall and it needed repairs they had to take care of that....which makes pretty good sense to me.

Either way...like I said, I'm gonna probably be there if the weather permits...and we'll have to hope this ol 434 hangs in there and doesn't come apart! :bangbang:

HAHA please man.....I've rented the tracks in PA a few times for events similar to what you guys are having, but did so about 7yrs ago was the last time. And the tracks were responsible for cleanups if there were any issues. NOW...if you slide and hit the wall and it needed repaired, you were responsible for that.

I don't know if you are...BUT please don't preach to me man about "if my car or me can't handle the pass don't go".... That's like saying you can guarantee that you will take a motor built like mine, to the hilt, and it's going to make 100passes and NEVER have a problem. If someone tried to make you that bet, would you take it? No, you wouldn't, because you know that race motor's, can come apart at any point.

....It's just the nature of the beast. :cool:

And I wasn't really complaining..it was more of a surprise because I only had 1 track try to do that to me when I rented it and after some talking, they decided to cover any oil downs but still held to their guns that if someone hit the wall and it needed repairs they had to take care of that....which makes pretty good sense to me.

Either way...like I said, I'm gonna probably be there if the weather permits...and we'll have to hope this ol 434 hangs in there and doesn't come apart! :bangbang:

Most of the cleanups I've seen have a few hundred dollars that the track typically takes care of. The disclaimer is in the event that the track tries to charge us do to a massive failure. This will also make those people that know their cars are broke think twice before racing it. If I pay to watch a track get cleaned for hours up due to something that could be prevented I would be pissed. This isnt saying that you will definitely be charged if a break occurs... Its saying if there is one it could be passed on to the driver based on the circumstances surrounding the failure.

• Casper unpinned this topic