Austin, TX - What to do

Sparky

i cant remember what city, but theres supposed to be a burrito place somewhere down there called "free birds" or "freebirds"...i saw a picture of one that was the length of a guys arm from the elbow down and about as big around as a soft ball.

doooo eeeet

Austin TX.....Things to do.

The only streets you need to be on are East 6th and East 4th

Eat at Iron Cactus (fresh made guacamole) - E-6th

I highly rec' the Wharehouse district. they have some amazing nightlife if you are into that kind of stuff. i believe its down on E-4th.. i was wasted when we got there but I remembered going to a Place called "Element" and another called the "elephant room".

the conceirge at our hotel rec'd Louies 106 as one of the best places to eat. he said it was elegant... take that for what it's worth. He also rec'd the "red fez" as some of the more upscale nigthlife (random celebs nightly). He also said Vicci is an upscale place where celebs go too... if thats what you are into.

Drink at the Cedar Street Tavern, its cool, there are two bars that are separated by an outdoor stage. Hopefully the Spazmatics are playing - E-4th

There is a Coyote Ugly... its lame on some nights, good on others - E-6th

The are two cigar shops in the vicinity, one is a headshop call "gas pipe" on E-4th, the other is called Bobalu's on E-6th... they roll their own there. go there.

There is a place in ATX called belvederes... never been there.. but i hear its a good place to go relax almost like a scvitz. dont know anything other than I heard its cool.

Theres a cool dueling Piano bar on E-6th if thats your scene - Tons of women there - E-6th

Apparently Lanai Rooftop Lounge is where all the Cougars hang out... corner of 6th and congress. dont quote me on thsi one.

Treasure Island is the equivalent of Brothers (here in Cbus)... a little sketchy, but cheap drinks, and lots of young ladies. Also, some cougars.

Buffalo billiards is cool for a night of relaxing and just keeping it low key - E-6th

You gotta eat at Rudys. if you eat at one place in ATX eat at Rudy's.. .get the dry rub brisket... its wort hthe 10 minute drive from downtown.

I have been to Austin probably a hundred times. As long as you are in town I would go to Chuy's for Tex-Mex, it is among the best food in Texas and is easy on the wallet.

1728 barton springs road

Also, if you are around campus/capital area Texadelphia is great too. I would skip Freebirds just because it's almost exactly like Chipotle which you can get anywhere.

Also, if you are around campus/capital area Texadelphia is great too. I would skip Freebirds just because it's almost exactly like Chipotle which you can get anywhere.

Idk...im always down for looking for a better burrito...my buddy said they use 3 shells to wrap it up...not to mention, hes a big guy and said it fed him for 3 days. Lol

http://static.px.yelp.com/bphoto/SNg50D7xORqZ3DRotcZ78g/l

http://thewordshow.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/05/15014_10150188361015714_809635713_12511784_3668247_n-225x300.jpg

I've never been there, but the best Vodka in the world is made there. Going to Titos for a tour, if they even do them, would be my 1st thing I did if I ever went to there.

http://www.titos-vodka.com/

Titos is good, but not amazing. People think because it's been distilled 6 times that its high quality... not true. Tito's is made from corn, the (as you put it) "Best Vodka in the world" will be made from either wheat or rye.

But you (just like everyone else) gets caught up in their misleading accolades that they display.. "A 95 RATING".

The reality of it goes like this. Tito's is a good cheap vodka for making drinks.

If you want good vodka for drinking neat; make sure its wheat or Rye (Belverdere, Ketel One,, etc)

Also, I am partial to Polish vodka.

Titos is good, but not amazing. People think because it's been distilled 6 times that its high quality... not true. Tito's is made from corn, the (as you put it) "Best Vodka in the world" will be made from either wheat or rye.

But you (just like everyone else) gets caught up in their misleading accolades that they display.. "A 95 RATING".

The reality of it goes like this. Tito's is a good cheap vodka for making drinks.

If you want good vodka for drinking neat; make sure its wheat or Rye (Belverdere, Ketel One,, etc)

Also, I am partial to Polish vodka.

It all comes down to personal taste. I had Tito's on a recommendation before the hype machine was really there and I never looked back. I've had a lot of Vodka's, including the two you mentioned. I have a bottle of Ketel One almost untouched that someone brought here and left, so I didn't pay a dime for it. I've gotten to the end of at least one handle of Tito's and bought another one since that's been sitting there. For any price I'll get Titos, it just helps that it's cheap.

I still love to try new stuff, what Polish Vodka's are you talking about?

I still love to try new stuff, what Polish Vodka's are you talking about?

Belvedere & Wyborowa are both Rye vodkas from Poland. They are exceptional.

Chopin is another good Polish Vodka, its a Potato mash though, still good stuff.

I like polish vodkas because they grade them on purity. I am also Polish (90% of why I like it)