Guess what...

CRed05

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

And yet the fastest C5 RS6 will still get it's dick kicked in the dirt by any number of simple stage3 B5 S4's...

Those are two very different cars, and is therefore a grapefruit-to-coconut comparison.

Also, I disagree. a "simple" stage 3 b5 makes what- 375 awhp? There's more power to be had with the 4.2. I'd say about 8/6ths more power.

Those are two very different cars, and is therefore a grapefruit-to-coconut comparison.

Also, I disagree. a "simple" stage 3 b5 makes what- 375 awhp? There's more power to be had with the 4.2. I'd say about 8/6ths more power.

I don't know, Chris's "simle" K04 car makes 450s awhp...

Wait, what? They're going with a turbo 5 that's 340+ hp? Oh yeah, that's not going to have turbo failure. Especially with their retard-assed 23k mile oil-change intervals. Yikes! I better invest in borg warner now.

You know it is 2010, and things have come a long way since 1980's automotive tech. I'm assuming that it comes with a K04 turbo, the same turbo that audi used in racing, at much much higher PSI levels for extended periods of times. People also need to realize that the recommended 3000 mile oil change needs be filed under "not true anymore" on modern cars. Not only has engine technology made it possible, but oil tech too. So a 10-15000 oil change interval isnt all that crazy.

http://www.fourtitude.com/gallery/albums//Audi/TT-TT%20Roadster/TT%20RS%20%28a5%29/Technical/066.jpg

http://www.fourtitude.com/gallery/albums//Audi/TT-TT%20Roadster/TT%20RS%20%28a5%29/Technical/084.jpg

http://www.fourtitude.com/gallery/albums//Audi/TT-TT%20Roadster/TT%20RS%20%28a5%29/Technical/083.jpg

Why do Audis keep becoming more and more enticing to me.....

Perhaps because you're getting old?

I feel your pain. I think Audi is one of the last passenger car stops on the path that leads to RV magazine subscriptions, elderhostel vacations, and eventually to Driving Miss Daisy.

On the bright side, you've beaten most 20-somethings to this level. :rolleyes:

I don't know, Chris's "simle" K04 car makes 450s awhp...

I don't know how "simple" I'd call his S4. Plus, he's on e85. Most K04 cars make 350-375 awhp.

You know Audi doesn't give two shits about how long this motor lasts once it's out of warranty. With how badly they got burned on the 1.8t/2.7t, and how the 2.0t is going, it wouldn't surprise me if this motor had issues too. They're spec'ing long intervals because it makes it more "green" and in some cases they pay for the oil changes. If 10k mile oil changes were all hunky dory on high-boost high-output street motors, then why don't you give that a try for 200k miles and let me know how that works out?

Recommend bi-turbo V8. If a turbo 5 is good, a turbo 8 is better. It's just your 2.7 with 33% more awesome!

2.7 TT is an awesome engine. Something Audi really got right. Where they fucked up was putting it in the B5 platform so it's impossible to fix or figure issues out. It's amazing to me, having owned a stage 3 s4 how, what and will go wrong because of design flaws. I am no engineer, but I have owned a lot of cars and some of the design makes sense, but most of it looks like a retard had to meet a deadline.

Wait, what? They're going with a turbo 5 that's 340+ hp? Oh yeah, that's not going to have turbo failure. Especially with their retard-assed 23k mile oil-change intervals. Yikes! I better invest in borg warner now.

It might have some issues, but it probably not nearly as bad as the B5 platform. I think it is just a failed design. Audi did discontinue that engine and platform.... hmm... I wonder why? If anyone was more pissed off than me, I bet they got quite a few death threats.

And yet the fastest C5 RS6 will still get it's dick kicked in the dirt by any number of simple stage3 B5 S4's...

Yeah, *IF* it will stay running. Wait, I know you say it's just my car, but I think I have read only 1/8th of the threads on the Internet about issues from stage 2+ S4's that have had nothing but issues. Even cars modified by Vast, GRD, Rennert, etc. It's just a super complicated design that lends itself to problems. Problems that are not easy to fix. Nor cheap for that matter.

I feel your pain. I think Audi is one of the last passenger car stops on the path that leads to RV magazine subscriptions, elderhostel vacations, and eventually to Driving Miss Daisy.

I like a warrantied Audi, but I think by the time I could own a new one I will be looking for something else. I just see some many reliability issues with these cars that it's unreal, even under warranty. And it's more than than a simple "that person didn't take care of their car" so they have X, Y and Z problems. It's happened with more frequency than that. I don't know how many Audi forums I am a member on now and I always chuckle when I go through the tech and help sections.

Now, I think the car in this thread looks pretty badass. The only way I would have it is if it was brand new.

My car is pretty simple, its nothing more than a chipped RS4...on e85. RS6 turbo's are K04's as well, and they make my kind of power on pump gas. Those are nothing more than chipped RS4's with bigger exhaust housings.

My car's oil change interval is 5000miles, and I do it somewhere between 3 and 4K miles just because it's making past more than stock power. So no way in hell will I go 10k miles, but if I had a B8, which has an interval of 15K, I'd be glad to go 10K miles on it.

The B5's problem now is that it's a $40K+ car, that can now be had by people working at BK. Shit's not going to get taken care of properly, and those people will bitch about it because it costs more money to maintain than the 83 corolla they had before it.

Yeah, if I could do my own build I would either have gone RS4 E85 or RS6 turbos.

From what I've read those are the most reliable setups that I have seen little to no issues out of. I think some people just don't follow the proper upgrade paths, or shortcut stuff.

I'd want to start on a low mileage car, too. I think higher mileage kills the car and is more likely to have not been maintained properly.

People who own B5's definitely need to have a fund for car issues, it's not a paycheck to paycheck persons car for certain.

I'm giving you a dirty look right now...:mad:

My car is pretty simple, its nothing more than a chipped RS4...on e85. RS6 turbo's are K04's as well, and they make my kind of power on pump gas. Those are nothing more than chipped RS4's with bigger exhaust housings.

My car's oil change interval is 5000miles, and I do it somewhere between 3 and 4K miles just because it's making past more than stock power. So no way in hell will I go 10k miles, but if I had a B8, which has an interval of 15K, I'd be glad to go 10K miles on it.

The B5's problem now is that it's a $40K+ car, that can now be had by people working at BK. Shit's not going to get taken care of properly, and those people will bitch about it because it costs more money to maintain than the 83 corolla they had before it.

All good points. I don't think your car is simple. You have replaced just about everything except the long block. Do I really need to detail what you've done on your car? Fuel pump, injectors, MAF, airbox, turbos, intercooler, BPVs, turbos again, charge pipes, clutch, downpipes, etc. etc. 15 other things I'm missing. I would consider simple to be or chip/intake, or something that can be done in a day's work. Not something that takes a shop a week.

Back on topic though... Looks like a nice little car, but it will be way too expensive for me. Seems to me like the v8s have been far far far more reliable than the 2.7t ever was. Just gotta do the timing chain tensioners at 100k.

Maybe Audi will finally have something to challenge BMW with. 135i/335i have been dominating the competition, and the new 1-series M is going to be a monster.

Audi has always been pwning bmw's.

Sport Quattro > whatever BMW had

B5 RS4 > e36 M3

B7 RS4 > e46 M3

B8 S4 > 335

R8 > *

All good points. I don't think your car is simple. You have replaced just about everything except the long block. Do I really need to detail what you've done on your car? Fuel pump, injectors, MAF, airbox, turbos, intercooler, BPVs, turbos again, charge pipes, clutch, downpipes, etc. etc. 15 other things I'm missing. I would consider simple to be or chip/intake, or something that can be done in a day's work. Not something that takes a shop a week.

Well everything you mentioned has been because I wanted to, upgrades, not because they failed. I still have my original k03's in my garage, they are in perfect shape even with over 100k miles on them. Things I've replaced because they failed have been gaskets and sensors, and water pump.

Well everything you mentioned has been because I wanted to, upgrades, not because they failed. I still have my original k03's in my garage, they are in perfect shape even with over 100k miles on them. Things I've replaced because they failed have been gaskets and sensors, and water pump.

Oh is that all? Bullshit! Don't even get me started. You've replaced more parts on your Audi in any given year than I have in the last 8 years I've had my S4. ha!

And BMW? Please. The biturbo 6's are blowing turbos and cooking oil too, just like the 1.8t and 2.7t Audi motors did. Hey BMW, welcome to 1998. Glad you could join us. Oh what's that? You went to a single turbo setup now that might last longer? Good for you. Thumbs up for being proactive.

Oh is that all? Bullshit! Don't even get me started. You've replaced more parts on your Audi in any given year than I have in the last 8 years I've had my S4. ha!

And BMW? Please. The biturbo 6's are blowing turbos and cooking oil too, just like the 1.8t and 2.7t Audi motors did. Hey BMW, welcome to 1998. Glad you could join us. Oh what's that? You went to a single turbo setup now that might last longer? Good for you. Thumbs up for being proactive.

I really want to ban you from the Audi Community some days....I really do.

That's apples to oranges, the B5 came out at the end of the E36's life and imo would have been aimed at the E46.

Once again, I thought B7 came out closer to the arrival of the E90 chassis in 2006?

I would take a 335i over a B8 S4 and not think twice, all it takes is a tune to crack 11's not to mention being several 100 pounds lighter and having better weight distribution, etc. I don't mean to shit in your thread because this up coming car looks great and if it can actually stay near 3,000 pounds it's another winner to me. However, Audi has a record of making their street cars quite heavy.

Someone piss in your cheerios?

Turbos and Fuel Pumps covered to 100k. :cool: