New logical rant

Guest 614Streets

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think this could be one of the most uneducated statements I have ever read on this website.

Because driving in a straight line is boring?

agreed, then he followed it up with that. you would think a 30 year old dude would have a little more sense than that.

Even NASCAR has turns, granted it's only in one direction, and it's the most boring shit to watch ever.

If they would shorten the races I could deal with it. I love a good dirt track 50 lap feature where the late models are bumpin and grinding like a slow jam :)

2 hours or more for any form of on road racing is bad. It is like F1 races where they play follow the leader and pass every now and then.

Now I really like touring car racing I can identify with those beasts.

Racing was fun when I had a fast domestic and the rice scene was first taking shape which everone jumped on the bandwagon. But once commonsense prevailed and people started coming back from the darkside spending more money than I was willing to, I became slow and it lost all interest.

I think this could be one of the most uneducated statements I have ever read on this website.

I have to agree. There are plenty of older guys out there running 12s and 13s and still enjoying it that don't drive muscle cars. I guess HE doesn't like it, so it must be boring. I've found that most people who give up on drag racing are either not very good at it, or feel that they have mastered it. Those who feel they have mastered it are usually the ones who dump the clutch and granny shift the shit out of their stick cars, but what do I know? To me it's something that I have always liked. It's fun to try and out-do yourself and it's really fun to put some people in their place, especially the ones who say they run 10's but have never been to the track :) There is always room for improvement whether it's mechanically or sitting in the driver's seat.

As far as why I don't do it every week, I have a young daughter that I like to spend time with.

don't have the time to be away from the wife and 3 kids when i can get away from work

the most i could probably do is about 3 times a season

it IS dangerous when you think about it, and i have responsibilities to my wife/kids

don't feel like paying sky high rates for my disability and life insurance policies for answering 'yes' to the question 'do you race cars, etc etc'

Guest 614Streets
Even NASCAR has turns, granted it's only in one direction, and it's the most boring shit to watch ever.

Land Rovers are the worst cars in the usa. The second is audi.

Your post didn't evoke anger in me just wanted to put some reality in my reply , from my own perspective :D

I enjoy drag racing even in my FWD econo box. Just the feeling I get when staging, and then the lights drop is incredible.

Plus going to the strip really lets me know where I stand and how my mods have worked out.

The only reason I haven't gone lately is I sold my beater and can't take the chance of breaking anything. I'm saving for high hp axles and a couple small things so i'm not nervous about launching my car hard. I had a good time at the spring track day, and hope to attend more next year.

Land Rovers are the worst cars in the usa. The second is audi.

Your post didn't evoke anger in me just wanted to put some reality in my reply , from my own perspective :D

I take it that you like nascar, and given the POS cars in your signature and avatar...you probably live in a trailer park somewhere. Which is also why you dislike LR and especially Audi cause them fuel computators and fancy cams that sit over top the head is just a little too much to comprehend.

The straights are where you have time to check your gauges, look at the trees, relax your hands, and scratch your butt. It's generally regarded as the most boring part of the track.

But that's beside the point. You can't call someone who's been to drag strips closed-minded. I was open-minded and I tried it, quite a bit actually. I got bored. It seems that everyone gets bored. Guys in their 50s will still go out and road race slow-ass Neons. How many guys in their 50s go out and run 12s and 13s like they did in their 20s? Hardly any. You either keep going faster or you stop going. Amateur drag racing is a dead end. The only exception seems to be guys with classic muscle cars.

actually you would be really suprised how many older guys do bring 12 or 13 second cars out to bracket race. Coming from some one that is at trails on a weekly basis, yes i could see how just doing heads up racing or time trials all the time could get boring. Try bracket racing some time though.

Guest 614Streets
I take it that you like nascar, and given the POS cars in your signature and avatar...you probably live in a trailer park somewhere. Which is also why you dislike LR and especially Audi cause them fuel computators and fancy cams that sit over top the head is just a little too much to comprehend.

I don't like NASCAR. Judging by your avatar your not mechanically inclined and you have added another worthless contribution to this world.

Guest 614Streets
cool story bro. I bet you drink a lot of mountain dew.

One time about 10 years ago a prick came over to the house , he was drinking mountain dew. I filled half the bottle with urine. 5 mins later the sucker was back still acting like a prick. He then downed the bottle of moutain dew while I was laughing. He said did you put something in my moutain dew?

The straights are where you have time to check your gauges, look at the trees, relax your hands, and scratch your butt. It's generally regarded as the most boring part of the track.

most straights I have been on I am trying to make up anytime I lost in the curves..... so I am not scratching my butt at any point.

most straights I have been on I am trying to make up anytime I lost in the curves..... so I am not scratching my butt at any point.

What all do you do to make up for the time you lost in the corners? Press the gas pedal extra hard and steer the car extra none? No matter how much you suck in the corners you can always scratch your butt on the straights.

What all do you do to make up for the time you lost in the corners? Press the gas pedal extra hard and steer the car extra none? No matter how much you suck in the corners you can always scratch your butt on the straights.

oh I thought we were talking about actual road racing on bikes, sorry. Cars need not apply yo my statement