what are your thoughts/opinions on a 2002 dodge quad cab 4x4??

Rustlestiltskin

I'm looking at purchasing a truck and am going to look at this dodge today. Its a 2002 dodge quad cab 4x4 with a hemi i'm assuming. only downside is it has 129000 miles. Is this bad for that truck or can it take a bunch of miles like the toyotas? What else should I look for on this truck as a potential red flag from purchasing it?

Let me know what you guys think.

thanks,

Paul:cool:

Owned an 02 Sport 4x4 from 02 - 07, starting at 600 miles and put 55,000 on it and it never needed ANYthing besides oil changes and a set of tires. Had the 4.7 V8 w/ 4.10 gears and it pulled everything I ever asked it to.

Awesome truck.

http://nurkvinny.com/images/Vehicles/Trucks/2002_Ram/02ram2.jpg

Dodge quad cab is a joke, absolutley no room. It's not a true 4 door. Not a fan of Dodges.....tranny's and suspension problems.

I see you're a Ford fan. What was this useless joke of a cab design?

http://www.fordf150pic.com/fordf150/car/pictures/2010/09/first-drive-2009-ford-f-150-capability-matters1.jpg

Dodge quad cab is a joke, absolutley no room. It's not a true 4 door. Not a fan of Dodges.....tranny's and suspension problems.

I think that you are thinking of the 02 5.9 (cummins)Quad cab. He is talking about the 02 5.9 gasser (probably 1500, which wasn't specified) which is the new body style. since the gassers went to the new body style a year early.

Keep in mind that the 02 HD trucks were the old body style which did have a crappy back seat.

With that said, my stance is pretty clear on all trucks 4x4. I am not a fan of them. A lot more components to brake, seals to wear out, driveshaft components with vibrations to trace. I'll stick to 2x4 for the 3 times a year it snows. MOST people claim they want 4x4 in trucks and the only off roading they do is park in the grass at the county fair.

I see you're a Ford fan. What was this useless joke of a cab design?

http://www.fordf150pic.com/fordf150/car/pictures/2010/09/first-drive-2009-ford-f-150-capability-matters1.jpg

I am a Ford Fan because all my Ford Vehicles have always been good to me.

And it's not a useless joke on cab design, the Ram quad cab rear cab area is a joke, compared to the space availible in the Ford and GM quad/crew cabs. Dodge did finally solve the issue with the megacab. Just stating facts. Go sit in a crew cab/quad cab Dodge then in a Ford or GM no comparison.