Tire balancing

warmonger

Tire balancing.. does it really matter??... Been changing my own tires 4 a couple years now and never use any weights. never felt a shim or had trouble with handling. street and track, many many tires. Thanks 4 your insight/knowledge!!

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Tire balancing.. does it really matter??... Been changing my own tires 4 a couple years now and never use any weights. never felt a shim or had trouble with handling. street and track, many many tires. Thanks 4 your insight/knowledge!!

It's the wheels more than the tires nowadays. IMO :p... balance them change the tires and balance again, you'll see !!

I do the same thing bra, have for years, if i get bored , I'll manualy ballance them, but the tires aren't making as much difference anymore ?? :confused: ! You running down at jennings this weekend, if so, you missed your ride fucker !!! Bwahahaha :lol:

I've found with a good straight wheel and the balance dot on the tire properly positioned the tire will balance with no weights quite often.

If it's out of balance, however, I think it should be balanced. It will effect tire life, cause vibrations, etc.

I certainly think it's important. To have a properly balanced wheel.

I've found with a good straight wheel and the balance dot on the tire properly positioned the tire will balance with no weights quite often.

If it's out of balance, however, I think it should be balanced. It will effect tire life, cause vibrations, etc.

I certainly think it's important. To have a properly balanced wheel.

+1

I have balanced tires where it donest need weight, but you still need to make sure it doesnt need weight...

youve never tried them so why say you wouldn't use them?

Because the method of lead and sticky shit works just fine. If I tried them and they didnt work, id have to take the wheel off again, break the bead, get the fookers out, then re balance. Im not saying they dont work, im not saying they do work. I will say I do not know if they work. I will also say I do not know if they dont work. :D

Tire balancing is not important. Neither is air pressure. It's all bullshit. And I shove rolls of pennies up my ass and then I spend them. It feels pretty good to know that most of you probably have some of my ass pennies in your pockets right now. Sort of like a '1 up.'

haha that about made me cry from laughing so hard.