So what's fast?

Cordell

Part of being impressive in this is having some sort of driving ability obviously. How do you stuff an AWD car into a wall due to street tires. I'm not going to argue about it but use your head.

Let's see

A: it was trapping 134 sliding every shift

B: it was on all seasons

C: it was 35 degrees out

That car should be a 9 sec EVO.

• Replies 94
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think 11s is fast. I have never ridden in anything that fast before, but now that I have it, I think I will hit 10.99 next year. The bug has bitten me.

That evo has to be a crazy ride. My truck breaks them loose off the line in 4x4, and it jumps 2 feet to the side, but you don't know which side until it happens, so I can't imagine that happening shifting into 3rd going 80. Crazy. I could see that getting away from anybody.

What does everyone consider fast? I mean street car, full interior (not a gutted car), at a drag strip. I've seen Gary's (Pontiacfreak) 3800 Firebird run high 13s, which I think is pretty cool for an older V6 N/A F-body. Anthony's Formula runs low 10s with all the factory stuff intact. What is fast, and why do you consider it fast? I'm talking streetable cars, and of course Mark's Z06 and Ray's Trans Am is fast, but where does the line fall for you?

Cars with all of what you listed above running in the 10's are pretty fast. I also think the cars must be "legal" (roll bar and other rules related stuff) to be totally Oprah tits awsome.

Good street manors are just a question of what you can stand.

Aren't all these tuning shops turning out 2011 mustangs and camaros that are running low 9s/high 8s with full interiors? It's not 2003 anymore, your 11 second LS1 is not impressive.

At this point, anything short of a 9 is just pussy shit. Hell, I can go buy a showroom stock Corvette and run a 10. If you want to call your car fast it should be faster than a stock Chevy.

Maybe Scott should have put a blurb in there about the amount of money spent. Any ham fisted retard can make a 2011 go that fast with the money that has been dumped into those cars.

I know for a fact I could put my car in the 9's for lot less than what they have done it for...

LOL, no you can't! But somebody else could. LMAO

Is that a dig at my credit worthiness or my driving ability? If the former, I say I'll eat ramen while you eat your words! If the latter, good point.

Maybe Scott should have put a blurb in there about the amount of money spent. Any ham fisted retard can make a 2011 go that fast with the money that has been dumped into those cars.

(Which was kinda my point, if nobody could see my tongue in my cheek there).

Regardless, back in 1998 11 second LS1s weren't the sort of every day car they are now. And in 2020 you can all buy used 2011s and used ZR1s and you'll be scoffing at chumps in beater trans ams running 11s. Times change.

9.99 and faster is fast. anything slower is meh.

:gtfo:

First you need to build a car that actually runs :lol:

I think anything 12.99 and under is moving and will consider it fast, but 11.99 is where real fast begins.

As for a purpose built drag car...8's or bust.

Originally Posted by Crossle http://www.columbusracing.com/forums/images/buttons/viewpost.gif

Part of being impressive in this is having some sort of driving ability obviously. How do you stuff an AWD car into a wall due to street tires. I'm not going to argue about it but use your head.

Ignorance is bliss

Car mentioning above just as fast on dr's.....

Anything in the 12.0- 12.5 is defiantly respectable for a DD. Anything in the 11's for a DD is fast. The way I see it, if you were to take a look at the majority of the cars on the road each day, like your Accords, Carollas, SUV's, family sedans and sport coups and then compare them to a WRX running 12.30's, you would have a fast car. Sure there are other factory cars that could out run that, and I'm sure everyone knows a guy with a faster car. but in the grand scheme I still believe mid 12's to be respectable.

Hmmm, a fast street car. Since it really comes down to deffinition ....

Street car - anything I would daily drive and not bitch too much about being stuck in traffic on a hot day.

I still have A/C and radio, power windows. I'm putting in a twin disk clutch to try and keep the street manners.

I'm at 13 flat right now, I think 10s will be doable long term, but I doubt I'll be happy with that.

:gtfo:

First you need to build a car that actually runs :lol:

I think anything 12.99 and under is moving and will consider it fast, but 11.99 is where real fast begins.

As for a purpose built drag car...8's or bust.

i could have 15 running cars doesnt matter i still would think the way i think

to many people here put cams and exhaust on there cars and think they are the shit

i could have 15 running cars doesnt matter i still would think the way i think

to many people here put cams and exhaust on there cars and think they are the shit

I was just thinking about putting a cam and exhaust on the rover, it's gonna be the shit.