So what's fast?

Cordell

• Replies 94
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Should the original post say what do you consider quick. Everyone is posting times which I think reflect more on how quick the car is. Trap speeds I think reflect more on how fast the car is. So I would say anything trapping 135 or faster with some sort of interior would be consider fast. Now if we were talking about quick, then I would say anything goin 11.50's or quicker would be considered quick.

I'm willing to bet thats not a street car, but rather a trailer queen.

not quite a trailer queen i watched them beat the hell out of that thing all weekend on the auto x at holley ls fest (ie. see windshield) i believe its a ls9 or a ls7 with a ls9 blower cant remember.

When I was 16 and running 15.0's, I was fast.

When I was 17 and running 14.0's, I was fast.

At 18, went 13.5. And yep, I felt fast.

Been in the low 12's on a small shot, and was happy.

When I think about fast, I compare the car in its current state to how it rolled off the assembly line. A 12 second Civic is fast. A 12 second Corvette is not. I know that makes little sense.

To put ETs and traps to your original question... sub-12.0 and over 110mph is my current idea of a fast street car.

When I was 16 and running 15.0's, I was fast.

When I was 17 and running 14.0's, I was fast.

At 18, went 13.5. And yep, I felt fast.

Been in the low 12's on a small shot, and was happy.

When I think about fast, I compare the car in its current state to how it rolled off the assembly line. A 12 second Civic is fast. A 12 second Corvette is not. I know that makes little sense.

I'm with this guy, because this makes a lot of sense. A fast vette is a lot different than a fast civic.

I think it also depends on the car and how much power it was engineered to handle (^fast vette/fast civic) - My 365 whp 3000lb fox mustang felt fast and raw, my ~365 whp 3000lb z06 feels quick but refined.

I think anything sub 15 daily is fun. Sub 14 daily is a thrill, sub 13 daily is dizzying, dunno about sub 12 yet..

I can't imagine wanting to go faster than low 11s to mid 10s and drive it daily.

I agree with the above posts.

My civic with 350 whp and under 2500lbs moves out on the street. Now something ls1'd with the same power is decently quick but I wouldn't consider it fast.

Edited by SiColin
Grammar

Part of being impressive in this is having some sort of driving ability obviously. How do you stuff an AWD car into a wall due to street tires. I'm not going to argue about it but use your head.

you have obviously never driven a high horse power all wheel drive. a rwd car when it gets loose the ass wants to come around you, a fwd car just torque steers and spins for the most part, but awd when it breaks free it skates all over the place.

The one thing I never get is the no roll bar thing. Thats like telling a footbal player he's lame for wearing shoulder pads. In most cases if installed right the roll bars are in places that you cant reach them unless your seatbelt breaks. Its basically extra insurance for the loss of a little bit of comfort.