I got a ticket last night...

Exodus

I got a ticket because my reverse light was stuck on. The ticket is "emitting white light". I didn't know how much it was for, so I looked up the code and it costs 126.00 I think that's excessive for such a small problem. I could have pissed in public and had a cheaper ticket. There are actually some pretty crazy things you can get ticketed for. Here is the link.

http://www.fcmcclerk.com/resources/pdf/Fine_Schedule.pdf

Edited by Exodus

If you fix it you then might be able to get it knocked down to a fix-it ticket. I don't know the process of doing so but other people here likely do.

I can understand the problem with always having the reverse lights on, though, as it could confuse other traffic. Would be similar to a turn indicator being stuck on.

I would fix it, then show up to court with proof of the fix and explain you were unaware of the problem at the time the ticket was given. I would think most judges would let you go w/o a charge, but you might have to pay court costs which would still be cheaper.

This.

Saved me some coin when I was called to Upper Arlington mayors court for "fictitious tags". I had purchased another car and had just sold my 5.0 to a buddy and he hadn't come to pick up just quite yet. For some reason it slipped my mind. I can't just throw the tags off the Mustang onto my new car. Just one of those brain dead moments, I had put together in my mind I had 30 days to transfer the tags. Didn't realize the big, oh you can't own both cars at the same time and share plates.

I was pulled over in UA, convinced the car was stolen. I had quite the ordeal. Had to pop the hood so the officer could match the VIN off the block and compare them to the door jam and windshield. Quite the hassle but they were just doing their job. Went to mayors court showing proof that I had purchased tags for the new vehicle. Left with just I believe it was 50 dollars for court fees.

Take pics of those reverse lights, NOW.. Fix them and take the same pics of them functioning properly. This is not your typical white light in rear, and a pretty BS ticket if I do say so myself (pending your attitude during the stop of course).

I was great. I was literally pulling into neighborhood, as I was pulled over. She asked where I lived and I pointed to my street. She also asked if I had Marijuana in my car and that it smelled funny lol. (It was probably the half eaten jr. bacon cheeseburger in the wendys bag) I told her of course not.

I was great. I was literally pulling into neighborhood, as I was pulled over. She asked where I lived and I pointed to my street. She also asked if I had Marijuana in my car and that it smelled funny lol. (It was probably the half eaten jr. bacon cheeseburger in the wendys bag) I told her of course not.

she was pissed that she couldn't get you in a DUI or possession so she decided to ticket you rather than just give you a fix it

Ouch. Usually thats just an excuse to pull you over type thing, happened to me once when I was 17 in a small WV town with OH plates. They had about 4 cruisers behind me to pull me over and give me a warning for having white shining through my taillights. The kicker was I wasn't even the one driving my own truck, it was a friend that lived in that town since I'd had my license revoked for 3 months. Since he was also 17 the cop removed his pack of cigarettes from his front jacket pocket. And that was it. Turned out, my one taillight was missing a divider between the running/brake light and the reverse light.

It might be worth it to just mail it in.

Im pretty sure it's a non-moving violation = NO POINTS does't affect your lic.

After mising a day from work plus paying court cost. Would you really save anything?

i would still rather fight it (via fixing it and showing it fixed) thats a over the top fine for something like that. just principle for me anyway.