Home Owners - Check your Sump Pumps

TTQ B4U

I think it was made just to remind everyone to check it. It is something I think a lot of people forget to even look at over the years. Like I said on the first page there is a part they tell me to replace every two years just to be sure.

Are you guys sinking two pumps down the same pit?

not sure I have room for two full on pumps in my pit. Its only like 12 inches across and the pump i put in there (3-4yrs ago) when my old one died was a monster. complete pita - my pit in under some cabinetry, have to be a contorsionist to get myself down in there.

hopefully nobodies gonna tell me to sink another sump pit...

If you're serially putting them in the same pit what are you doing with the backup? mounting it higher than the primary?

Are you guys sinking two pumps down the same pit?

If you're serially putting them in the same pit what are you doing with the backup? mounting it higher than the primary?

Yes and yes. See the photo I posted on page 1. The top unit is the back up. I can send you more if you need them. 12" is small. How deep?

is there any reason you made the thread to tell others to check their pumps?[ /quote]

yes. mine died after 21 years. backup saved us.

is it a seasonal thing? is there a specific reason to check it this time of year? As a new home owner should i check it yearly when the temp drops?

check it when it rains. can be a seasonal thing. however, it can die at any time. backup pump....priceless. Especially when you have the finished lower level I have. there was a higher power on my side Friday.