You got another new Rider

NightViper19

Seems like the trend is to make a new thread as a new rider, so here it is.

Im Kevin from Reynoldsburg. Turning 21 in April, and I ride an 01 Kawa ZR-7S and 04 Suz Intruder 800. Im looking forward to meets around here, and warmer weather so I dont have to break out the thermal lining just to get to work. I just posted pics of my bike in this thread, if you got critiques or comments for me.

http://www.ohio-riders.net/showthread.php?t=10018&page=45

I was looking for the sticky for the new members. If there is one, and Im posting this in the wrong place, let me know.

Welcome! I like those kawis, good looks and comfort!

Now maybe the stats are misleading but the speed of a zx6? Well, might be close if my 200lb was on the zx6. Anyway, I ride a sport-tour also. Speed isn't everything.

How tall are you at 135lbs? I sat on one of those at the dealership and the seat was nearly at BMW height.

Welcome! I like those kawis, good looks and comfort!

Now maybe the stats are misleading but the speed of a zx6? Well, might be close if my 200lb was on the zx6. Anyway, I ride a sport-tour also. Speed isn't everything.

How tall are you at 135lbs? I sat on one of those at the dealership and the seat was nearly at BMW height.

I've never actually tested it, but the ZR-7 forums say that my bike will beat a ZX6 and ZX7 off the line, but around 80mph, my bike falls behind (only 2 valves/cyl). Speed isnt everything, which is why I own this bike, and not a liter bike.

Im about 5'10, so 135 means im a skinny guy. The stock seat is a little high, so I cut out the hard stock foam and put in some nice cushion seat foam from hobby lobby. Made the ride much more comfortable, and made me sink into the seat lower, so I felt more nimble on the bike. I also got little bit more drag bars ish so I dont have to sit straight up. Still is a very comfortable ride, and can go as fast as my little frame needs to go. (I used to have an 11sec 70 Mustang) :D