Two more Ford torture videos

Linn1647545492

If that was the case don't you think Ford would have used it in that test?

No - since it was essentially a torture test of the ford base option motor. And the drag was a one piece % of the whole thing.

If GM needs to bring their optional top line and top $ engine in to win against a whipped and beaten v6 that says alot right there. From what I've seen and heard from owners of them, torture wise the 6.2 wouldn't last nearly as long. So results woulda been the same: the 6.2 woulda broek down before it got to that stage :D

There's a reason the F-150 has been the top selling truck for so many decades now (33 years and counting). And it aint cuz the millions upon millions of people buying them are stupid.

Best is best.

For the 2,345,656 time, FORD Marketing KICKS ASS.

This is a great series. They really should run this shit on TV. Well done.

Fuck, I'd love for them to put that same motor in my Fusion and let me whoop on it for another 25,000 miles :cool:

This is great marketing. Mike Rowe is really a mans man. I would love to get a beer with that guy. My dad saw him speak to a crowd of 75,000 and he was amazing.

I do wonder how bias this video is. Can the Ford really out pull the GM and Dodge by that much? 12 seconds is a lot for having such a smaller motor. Wonder how they both compare on mpgs.

This is great marketing. Mike Rowe is really a mans man. I would love to get a beer with that guy. My dad saw him speak to a crowd of 75,000 and he was amazing.

I do wonder how bias this video is. Can the Ford really out pull the GM and Dodge by that much? 12 seconds is a lot for having such a smaller motor. Wonder how they both compare on mpgs.

He has come a long way from QVC, and singing opera.

Granted the tests are going to be brutal, but some asshole will find a way to blow it up in 20 or 30K.

No - since it was essentially a torture test of the ford base option motor. And the drag was a one piece % of the whole thing.

If GM needs to bring their optional top line and top $ engine in to win against a whipped and beaten v6 that says alot right there. From what I've seen and heard from owners of them, torture wise the 6.2 wouldn't last nearly as long. So results woulda been the same: the 6.2 woulda broek down before it got to that stage :D

There's a reason the F-150 has been the top selling truck for so many decades now (33 years and counting). And it aint cuz the millions upon millions of people buying them are stupid.

Best is best.

it is not fords base motor, its their premire motor for the f150, their base option motor is a na 3.7, and what have you seen and heard from 6.2 owners to say they wouldnt last? they are no diff than any lsx motor which has been proven over and over and over. ill never believe that head to head test, i have a 5.3 it does quite well towing and it doesnt have a 3.42 gear like advertised in that commercial they come with a 3.08 gear with the 6speed trans. you have to get the 6.2 to get 3.42 gears. they may have a decient motor but that test is bs.

I own an LS6, btw. The LS series isnt god's gift to mechanisms. Its a motor.

6.2 owners I've heard bitching: my uncle, my cousin, one coworker and some fat(ish) chick that I know who doesnt know a thing about trucks except that hers blew up.

As for that test: That test has to be exactly what they state it is. Its sort of a legal thing. If it weren't exactly true, GM woulda been busting their nut all over calling it out. Dodge too. Marketing works that way. Ask BMW and Audi.

You don't have to believe it. You don't have to like it. Changes nothing. Its sort of like seven years ago when the 03 Cobra came out and was smashing LS1 faces all over the road: the cambird crew didn't believe it before it came out and didn't like it after it did. Didn't change anything. Although give that another 3 years and they'll begin rewriting history. The first shot is saying how they're hard to drive...

Maybe if you work that option/gear/whatever angle you got there for another seven years someone will believe the ecoboost lost that tow race.

damn GM really does need to step it up. I was curious as to why it destroyed the 5.3 so bad, so i looked it up. This makes no sense to me, they have the 4.8 rated at 302 hp and a 5.3 rated at 315. so id say they need to do away with the 4.8 or 4.3 and put the 6.0L back in at around 360 or so hp.

it is not fords base motor, its their premire motor for the f150, their base option motor is a na 3.7, and what have you seen and heard from 6.2 owners to say they wouldnt last? they are no diff than any lsx motor which has been proven over and over and over. ill never believe that head to head test, i have a 5.3 it does quite well towing and it doesnt have a 3.42 gear like advertised in that commercial they come with a 3.08 gear with the 6speed trans. you have to get the 6.2 to get 3.42 gears. they may have a decient motor but that test is bs.

I have a 3.42 gear with the 5.3