Lets talk Time Warner bills

Putty

OK, so I called today to get another HD box. This makes three in the house. I have two DVRs and one HD box. For my DVRs, I am paying for both what usually is the price for one. Some deal I got...so if the month DVR charge is 9 bucks per box...I am paying 9 bucks for both.

I have HBO and Showtime for 6 months where I am paying $10 a month. I have cable, internet and phone as well...the bundle thing. Well, after I got the new box today...they told me my new monthly bill, after tax, was $170.14

Now I'm sitting her saying why the fuck am I paying this kond of money out a month for this service. Does that seem high!?

http://images.cheezburger.com/completestore/2009/12/28/129065226180439461.jpg

Just effin with ya man. I feel your pain though. A couple months ago, after my bill went up to $140 per month (insight), I cancelled all three and switched to dish.I no longer have a home phone or internet at home. If I need interwebs, I tether with my company provided cell phone.

I am debating on going to Wow. I just hate dealing with their customer service, I am sure a trained ape has better people skills.

PM me, and I can get you setup cheaper with WOW and bypass the customer service side...though WOW's customer service tends to be rated far higher than other providers.

$197.00 a month, 3 dvr HD boxes, Internet, phone and all premium channels. It started at $125 5 years ago and now I'm here. My only alternative is satelite from time Warner. Believe me I would switch if it wasn't to satelite. I hate time Warner, their customer service sucks!

People bitching about cable bills should bitch at the broadcasters not the provider. Most people fail to realize that Time Warner and the likes have to pay the broadcasters in order to provide you with a service. Sinclair which owns local ABC and Fox is trying to jack the price that TW pays them up 150%, the same thing they did 3 years ago. That means TW pays sinclair more, TW has to charge you more to cover their loss, you pay more....

It gets better, sinclair makes no sense. They charge the cable providers to broadcast something that anyone with an antenna can get for free.

Same thing with the Big10 network. You do realize that if you don't live in a big 10 associated state, the b10 nw is an extra .30 cents. But if your in a b10 state its 1.10...Disney/ESPN wanted a 300% increase when they started re-negotiating last year.

I get to listen to this shit every day lol. My gf deals with pissed off customers coming in asking her why she's raising their bill, lol I wish she had that power, we'd be bringing in the cheddar.

BTW every channel they offer and internet: $0 helps having a gf that works for them lol.

Just switched to AT&T U-verse from Time Warner yesterday. I'm now paying about $15 LESS a month and I now have an additional DVR box, more channels (e.g., NFL Network), wireless internet, and faster internet speeds.

So far, very glad I made the switch.

Just switched to AT&T U-verse from Time Warner yesterday. I'm now paying about $15 LESS a month and I now have an additional DVR box, more channels (e.g., NFL Network), wireless internet, and faster internet speeds.

So far, very glad I made the switch.

I switched to U-verse last week from Insight. Paying almost $40 less a month, about 10mbps upgrade in download, 4x the upload speed and we have about 15 HD movie channels vs. the 2 we were getting with Insight.

Insight actually seems to have gotten pissed off that I made them do their fucking jobs so they increased our bill as much as they could from November to December and I was like, welp, see ya later.

id rather play russian roulette then to call twc, make sure u have a bottle of something strong and 2 weeks of time to waste

id rather play russian roulette then to call twc, make sure u have a bottle of something strong and 2 weeks of time to waste

I felt the need to quote this multiple times, for emphasis of how ridiculously truthful it is.

Once more for good measure