Do you get carried away on Ebay?

Berto

So I was just online, patiently waiting for a GT300 hood (cabonfiber) auction to finish. I told myself I'd bid a MAX of $205.01 ($160 shipping, and i really DON'T need the hood). I entered my bid with under a minute left and some guy outbid me at $215. With 11 second left I hit $240 and my winning bid was $222

So all said and done, i got a carbonfiber hood for $15 more than I was wanting to spend, not a huge deal. but have any of you gotten carried away with bidding. Almost taking it like a game, 'like hell i'm going to let that guy get it!"

This hood is hawt, I hope it fits good.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=130465933307&ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT#ht_5909wt_939

Guest 614Streets

I just sold two blower scoops at much higher price than I expected just because I listed them as $1 no reserve. Selling that way lures bidders in high volume and makes people buy higher and Impulse buying is a huge market to target.

Buying on christmas eve is a good time to shop ebay as the volume of viewers is at a decline. I snagged a new gm crate shortblock for $65.00 about 8 years ago off ebay on christmas eve.

Looks like your hood was a good price , too bad you can't pick it up locally.

I equate it to someone selling something. You start at a high price knowing you will take alot lower. Yet knowing this you still refuse offers on something you know you would really accept. Its no different when buying. You spend more and more because you ultimately are willing to go higher yet you say your not. However you end up spending despite this so you really must have been willing to go more.

I can't watch an auction end because of that.I put in my highest bid and let it go.I was at a car auction and went $500.00 past what I had set for my high bid before backing out.It became personal between the other bidder and myself.I'm way too competitive at everything.

Did this once. The wife permabanned from from ebay for that... It was also CF products. But a lot of 3 HPI RS4 pro rc car frames with oooodles of parts.

My friend has a T-II CF hood for his FC, I like the stock-ish looks rather than the over the top like the one you got.

keep the stock hood, that one is too rice boyish

My friend has a T-II CF hood for his FC, I like the stock-ish looks rather than the over the top like the one you got.

I don't think its that far over the top. My underhood temps are pretty high with the LS1 and I no longer have the top mount intercooler so that seems like a waste. This should help with cooling.

i dont generally over bid, but i do shop on ebay ALOT!

and my work hours make it worse for me..

from 2 a.m. till like 4:30 while watching tv, im on ebay looking for a great deal, that others wont find at that time.

i went a little overboard in the last few days... i need to stop for a while, but i still have a few parts i need to order lol