New (Used) Bike I got for Xmas

944s2

Just figured I would share a picture of the bike my dad gave me for Christmas. Its the 2001 Bike that Lance won the Tour with.

18 Lbs Frame weight 2.44 lbs.

My Dad also has the 07 AMD Bike that weighs 16 lbs and just bought the 2011 bike and its 14 lbs 4 oz. Amazing that they have come down 4 lbs in ten years.

(And his new bike cost more that I paid for my Porsche ackk!)

http://sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-snc4/hs1335.snc4/162716_1243818273413_1768054639_456888_2955355_n.jpg

Sorry to clarify, in 01 Lance could walk into any Trek store in the world and purchase this bike and it would be nearly identical to the bike he rode on the tour. The frame IS identical the minor difference would come in the form of custom fitting handle bars, seats, etc. Some times they used uber expensive super lightweight parts also. It's kinda of like how the Superbike motorcycles they ride are almost identical to the ones you can buy at Yamaha, etc, on a much smaller scale.

As for the pedals I need to buy new ones, he kept them for his other bike, I could use my current ones on my (now old bike) but I want ones that are a little lighter. He always has 2 main bikes at once since he commutes year round with them, a sunny day nice bike, and a rain/snow/everything else bike. So now his 07 is that bike.

How you plan on riding a bike with no pedals? :lol:

Never rode one of these things, wonder whatd it be like compared to my haro

Like a Ferrari to a truck. You push one pedal down and the acceleration is mind boggling. It's soo light, smooth and easy to ride. My average speed on this over my early 90's Trek is 2-3 mph faster. Remember the tour riders avg 30mph on flat ground and 15-20 up mountains for miles.