New "lamest bike ever"? Bike "just for woman" unveiled.

Harb67

And yes, it's built around a Harley engine. What a shocker ;) I can't decide if silly things like this help or hurt the feminist movement.

http://www.womenridersnow.com/PublicFiles/Departmentviewer.asp?ArticleID=1164

Motorcycle Built Just for Women Debuts

Roar Motorcycles unveils the WildKaT

3/8/2009

The cover came off the first production motorcycle in history built specifically for women at an official unveiling at ROAR Motorcycles' headquarters in Daytona Beach on Saturday, March 7. The WildKaT is the first purpose built motorcycle designed from the ground up for women riders. "This bike is making history," said ROAR Motorcycles president and CEO, Kathy Tolleson, the builder of the motorcycle. "We are challenging the industry with the WildKaT."

4719.jpg

Women cheer as the first WildKaT is unveiled. The WildKaT is the culmination of many hours of hard work. WRN's Genevieve Schmitt visited with the ROAR team at Daytona Bike Week in 2008 when the proprietary motorcycle was just taking shape. A year later during Daytona Bike Week 2009, local media and a group of women riders watched as the WildKaT was introduced. "We will begin manufacturing the WildKaT in the spring of '09 and we have nothing but high hopes and aspirations that women riders across the land will take notice of this truly unique product," said Tolleson. "It has a unique look that I would call 'vintage modern' and is the best handling bike that I have ever ridden."

The bike features a 1200cc Harley-Davidson motor sitting in a proprietary chassis that's able to accomodate both short and tall women. The frame suspension and design can be adjusted from a petite 23.5 inch seat height to a taller 29.5 inch height with no fender gap providing women a more custom fit and safer ride.

4718.jpg

Kathy Tolleson of ROAR Motorcycles points out the features of the WildKaT. Tolleson says most bikes are designed for men's stronger upper bodies and longer limbs. The WildKaT has been ergonomically designed for a woman with a narrow tank to create a narrow profile, handlebars that are adjustible, an easy-pull clutch, and floorboards that are within reach. Other features include Chrome Ride Wright wheels with billet hubs and polished stainless steel spokes (that include a lifetime warranty), Hawg Halters four piston dual action brake calipers, Daytona Twin-Tec EFI fuel management system (that's fuel injection), LED lighting and Dakota Digital multi-function instrumentation, Super Trapp exhaust pipes, Works Performance shocks, just to name a few. The bike retails for $22,970. To watch a video of Tolleson talking about the bike on YouTube http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PDgh6f1FRz8

Reservations for the WildKaT are now being taken. Tolleson reports that the first 25 reservations flew out the door and were gone before the end of the day Saturday. Those bike will be ready for delivery in six to nine months and will be numbered and signed. ROAR is running a special for the next 25 WildKaTs. They will be offered at a $1,000 discount and will be available in eight to 10 months. Call 386.255.7527, toll free 866.621.ROAR, or visit RoarMotorcycles.com for more information.

The WildKaT is a precursor to an entire family of ROAR motorcycles that will include a sportbike called the StreetKaT, and a touring bike called the Lioness.

4720.jpg

ROAR Motorcycles is located in a strip plaza on Bellevue Avenue in Daytona Beach. Since its grand opening during Daytona Bike Week 2008, ROAR has been dedicated to customizing motorcycles to make them more female-friendly. By lowering the seat, a woman can use her legs and hips when picking the bike off the stand and can put her feet firmly on the ground when stopping. The handlebars and foot controls are also adjusted so the rider does not have to stretch but can ride comfortably. If you have a motorcycle you'd like ROAR to customize to fit you better, contact them. Their Web site is RoarMotorcycles.com.

And before you give me shit for being on womenridersnow.com...someone sent me the link, I didn't find it myself :p

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Rly.

And if it's for women, I hope it comes with a GPS locator so the shop can come and get them when the POS engine shits out on them. they should have at least thrown a Rotax mill in there if that was their goal.

Mediocre idea, bad coming to fruitation.

as a female, I have to say it is nice to see women developing something for the women rider. Too many times, womens products are just smaller mens items. I think the company may do well as they have a big market of riders to show do. Also I checked out they website and they had some nice looking bikes on it

By lowering the seat, a woman can use her legs and hips when picking the bike off the stand and can put her feet firmly on the ground when stopping. The handlebars and foot controls are also adjusted so the rider does not have to stretch but can ride comfortably.

Interesting concept that they have. All adjustable acontrols. For smaller ladies, that want a larger bike. Can't say I agree with $22k. But it's all custom too. Look at the cost of your custom choppers. Most of those haven't gone out of business, but are ridiculously priced. You are seeing more an more women riders out on the road. Maybe they are onto something with this idea.....

Ok... First, the women's market is ever growing and this is a great attempt to take a piece of that pie. HOWEVER, for them to say that they are the ONLY company that caters to women is not correct. Many years and many ideas later, companies have always tried to incorporate women into the designs of the bikes they sell. Now, the fact of the thinner tank, there's plenty of bikes with such a styled tank. The adjustability of the controls. Available today easily on most metric and HD bikes. The FI based system. Been here and really old hat at this point. The HD motor? Well, I'd have to say if it is really an HD motor and not an S&S Motor, I can tell you where the cost increase lies...

They need a better spokeswoman, as well. BS sales shit like the FI system and her not really knowing what she's talking about "I didn't want them to have to worry about things like spark plugs" WTF??? "We can raise the bike up and it will not effect the way it handles..." Riiiight... Lift any mass higher and it effects handling. Raise just the rider even and it will effect handling. If they want to be taken seriously, they need to have someone who isn't the idea behind it, but rather the person that KNOWS about what they are talking about. She's simply the money lady that wanted a bike built like this and is pitching it to be sold...

Here's the drill. Custom choppers are taking a serious shit right now. Not all, but a lot are dropping in sales. A $20k plus chick bike is stupid as the resale value is going to stink.

Plus, as soon as HD offers a "female specific" cruiser, it's game over...

The problem I see is that ANY woman rider can walk into an HD shop RIGHT NOW and order custom parts to be put on their bike to compensate for their body type. The 883, 1200, Dyna, etc are all bikes with the ability to satisfy a rider in this category. Hell, there are a many metric cruisers out there that can also be custom built to fit a woman specifically.

There's nothing new here other than the sales pitch "A bike built by women for women"... That's it.

Epic fail waiting to happen right here...

as a female, I have to say it is nice to see women developing something for the women rider. Too many times, womens products are just smaller mens items. I think the company may do well as they have a big market of riders to show do. Also I checked out they website and they had some nice looking bikes on it

it's good to see someone has an open mind around here....

Ok... First, the women's market is ever growing and this is a great attempt to take a piece of that pie. HOWEVER, for them to say that they are the ONLY company that caters to women is not correct. Many years and many ideas later, companies have always tried to incorporate women into the designs of the bikes they sell. Now, the fact of the thinner tank, there's plenty of bikes with such a styled tank. The adjustability of the controls. Available today easily on most metric and HD bikes. The FI based system. Been here and really old hat at this point. The HD motor? Well, I'd have to say if it is really an HD motor and not an S&S Motor, I can tell you where the cost increase lies...

They need a better spokeswoman, as well. BS sales shit like the FI system and her not really knowing what she's talking about "I didn't want them to have to worry about things like spark plugs" WTF??? "We can raise the bike up and it will not effect the way it handles..." Riiiight... Lift any mass higher and it effects handling. Raise just the rider even and it will effect handling. If they want to be taken seriously, they need to have someone who isn't the idea behind it, but rather the person that KNOWS about what they are talking about. She's simply the money lady that wanted a bike built like this and is pitching it to be sold...

Here's the drill. Custom choppers are taking a serious shit right now. Not all, but a lot are dropping in sales. A $20k plus chick bike is stupid as the resale value is going to stink.

Plus, as soon as HD offers a "female specific" cruiser, it's game over...

The problem I see is that ANY woman rider can walk into an HD shop RIGHT NOW and order custom parts to be put on their bike to compensate for their body type. The 883, 1200, Dyna, etc are all bikes with the ability to satisfy a rider in this category. Hell, there are a many metric cruisers out there that can also be custom built to fit a woman specifically.

There's nothing new here other than the sales pitch "A bike built by women for women"... That's it.

Epic fail waiting to happen right here...

While I agree with some of what you say, I have to say that you are being awfully closed minded about the HD involvement, it's cool that you are metric loyal, but that doesn't mean that HD is pure crap... sure they have issues... but who doesn't have one or 2? If this were a honda thing you'd be cheering from the stands...

i am:600rr: sure we would be just a mean:honda: if it was a honda.

http://www.ohio-riders.net/showthread.php?t=19803

its not like they offer a bike with a 26 inch seat height already for about 7 grand. i am sure i could find a few parts and have them installed or milled from the finest in corithian titaniums to get that custom fit for $15,000

http://powersports.honda.com/2009/shadow-aero.aspx

Edited by bigbluebird

Honestly, as a female rider, this irritates me. Granted, some women would not be able to hold up a huge HD hog or Goldwing, but that this looks like a regular sportster. There should be no special treatment for women on this subject.. If you wanna ride a motorcycle then fucking learn how to. Dont bitch because its "made for a man" because its not. It's made to ride. There are thousands of varieties of bikes that a woman just needs to try and decide whats most comfortable and affordable. This bike falls into a fail category IMO...

Thats just my 2 cents

If you wanna ride a motorcycle then fucking learn how to. Dont bitch because its "made for a man" because its not. It's made to ride.

Amen to that.

I mean little Japanese guys are about the same size as American women, right? So one might even make the argument that metric bikes are designed for women. :D

Amen to that.

I mean little Japanese guys are about the same size as American women, right? So one might even make the argument that metric bikes are designed for women. :D

that explains the bunny bump that came with my seat..... had to take it out cause it were rubbing the junk the wrong way.... :D:eek: