Fuck you space ghost or what ever your screen name is now

NTHER91

Open Terminal.app

Type in

sudo nano /private/etc/hosts

Add the line

127.0.0.1 columbusracing.com

Save changes and logout/login, and proceed with your life.

Best iNerd post ever. ;)

What is better about VMware than Bootcamp?

You don't have to log off OSX to use windows for the brief seconds you need to do so, and you don't have to partition the hard drive and lose the space reserved for the entire computer. You can minimize your VM and have it waiting for use in the background. 4GB of ram is plenty to do so, and Macs now pretty much come standard now with 4GB. Also once you load windows you can move the entire Virtual Machine to a new mac via drag and drop. You don't have to reload windows. Also if you have a file on the mac in the OSX drive structure, you can go get it in windows since it shares the OSX files as a shared drive. Mine boots up just as fast as if I started the PC on windows, and shuts down just as quick, I own the slowest mac they make, and only have 2GB of ram, the one's he has are way faster than mine. Mine is 2 years old going on 3.

You don't have to log off OSX to use windows for the brief seconds you need to do so, and you don't have to partition the hard drive and lose the space reserved for the entire computer. You can minimize your VM and have it waiting for use in the background. 4GB of ram is plenty to do so, and Macs now pretty much come standard now with 4GB. Also once you load windows you can move the entire Virtual Machine to a new mac via drag and drop. You don't have to reload windows. Also if you have a file on the mac in the OSX drive structure, you can go get it in windows since it shares the OSX files as a shared drive. Mine boots up just as fast as if I started the PC on windows, and shuts down just as quick, I own the slowest mac they make, and only have 2GB of ram, the one's he has are way faster than mine. Mine is 2 years old going on 3.

What if you have 0 use for OSX and just want to boot to Windows? Did that for my sister in law, and she loves it. The partition sucks, but she has to do nothing other than turn the laptop on to boot up to Windows.

Eric, congrats on the new purchases. They should last quite a while. A good source of info is: http://www.macrumors.com

If you have questions you can PM me too I will do my best to help you.

Next you guys might want to look into a "TimeCapsule" it is a Wired and Wireless N router that contains a 1TB or 2TB HardDrive, it also has dual radios so you can run a home wireless network and a guest wireless network when people come over it keeps them away from your Macs. It will automatically back up your MacBook Pro, and iMac over a wireless network with the software that comes on every Mac called Time Machine.

Eric, congrats on the new purchases. They should last quite a while. A good source of info is: http://www.macrumors.com

If you have questions you can PM me too I will do my best to help you.

Next you guys might want to look into a "TimeCapsule" it is a Wired and Wireless N router that contains a 1TB or 2TB HardDrive, it also has dual radios so you can run a home wireless network and a guest wireless network when people come over it keeps them away from your Macs. It will automatically back up your MacBook Pro, and iMac over a wireless network with the software that comes on every Mac called Time Machine.

That would be more convenient...

Open Terminal.app

Type in

sudo nano /private/etc/hosts

Add the line

127.0.0.1 columbusracing.com

Save changes and logout/login, and proceed with your life.

call me ignorant when you answer this for me too but what will those commands achieve? (I honestly don;'t know)

thanks for the answer :)