end to front license plates?

frenchy chan

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Been in the works for what? 10 years now?

I have been stopped 3 times for no front plate. They use it as a reason to ding you for other things (2 seat belts, 2 window tints, and an exhaust warning so far for me). Oddest was week after Sept 11th on I-70 in a stock 95 GMC Z71??? 8am, I was asked if the beer bottles in the bed were from me drinking that morning. So old, the labels were gone and the bottles were covered in dirt.

I just got pulled over for no front plate last Sunday on 71 between Columbus and Cincinnati. He gave me a warning for no front plate and wrote the ticket for window tint, my sides tested at 8% and I have 35% over the entire windshield but he couldn't test that, ha.

$102, will I put the front plate on and remove my tint because of the stop, no way.

Edit: The Gahanna police seem to follow me, but have never pulled me over.

Have you ever driven a car with it? I can see fine at night, my headlight output is fine. Even on the dark back roads I can see fine, and I'm on them pretty regularly late at night.

No i havn't but at times i feel like the 32% i have on my windows is too dark at night, let alone covering my windshield.

Im just not the biggest fan of tint, it looks damn good but makes driving at night a pain in the ass.

I just got pulled over for no front plate last Sunday on 71 between Columbus and Cincinnati. He gave me a warning for no front plate and wrote the ticket for window tint, my sides tested at 8% and I have 35% over the entire windshield but he couldn't test that, ha.

$102, will I put the front plate on and remove my tint because of the stop, no way.

Edit: The Gahanna police seem to follow me, but have never pulled me over.

Tinted windshield FTW! Mines not fully tinted though. All I have left is a 12in strip in the middle, the rest is 5%. Then 15% driver and passenger windows and 5% for the back.

I've been asked about my tint once and that was when i was pulled over for no front license plate.

No i havn't but at times i feel like the 32% i have on my windows is too dark at night, let alone covering my windshield.

Im just not the biggest fan of tint, it looks damn good but makes driving at night a pain in the ass.

Some of my friends are that way, but here's what it looks like looking out at 4 PM. I tried to get a night shot but none of them came out good.

You're looking out 35% tint.

http://i832.photobucket.com/albums/zz243/Dakota740408/1998%20Dakota%20Sport/IMG00151-20110803-1553.jpg

You're looking at 35% tint.

http://i832.photobucket.com/albums/zz243/Dakota740408/1998%20Dakota%20Sport/100_2035.jpg

Tinted windshield FTW! Mines not fully tinted though. All I have left is a 12in strip in the middle, the rest is 5%. Then 15% driver and passenger windows and 5% for the back.

Agreed, wasn't sure if I'd like it before I got it but now I'm glad I did.

^^ thats stupid.

Why, are you going to say if I get in an accident, it's going to be my fault since I didn't see them? Or I might hit a lady crossing the street because I didn't see her, or a kid. Or any accident I get into, they could blame me due to my tint?

Seriously, it's not bad at all. I was just in Columbus last night and got back to Cincinnati around mid-night. I could see fine. On every single road I was on, even with the roads with no street lighting what so ever.

I would give you a ride in my truck at night so you can see for yourself.

it looks damn good but makes driving at night a pain in the ass.

Really? You need to come see one of my docs so we can get you a good vision exam. I have 18% on the back, 35% on the rears and 50% on the sides of my MS3 and it's fine at night. The really nice thing is that unless it's raining or I'm driving right into the sun, I don't even need sunglasses on in the car.