?? For those that run winter tires.

Ramsey

I highly doubt the 285/25/20's on the rear of my wife's benz would have been enough to save the wheels from destruction with some of the holes we've got in the roads right now.

Dude it's like a video game out there trying to miss these things!

You don't know what you are missing until you have them.

Once you go snows, you never go back.

People won't think twice about buying high grip summer tires, but will shriek at buying tires that will grip better than anything else when the ground is cold.

Ehh

People won't think twice about buying high grip summer tires, but will shriek at buying tires that will grip better than anything else when the ground is cold.

Ehh

^^ "Because so much is riding on your tires ... "

Jones, some people just won't ever get it. Oh well.

You don't know what you are missing until you have them.

Once you go snows, you never go back.

Ehh

THIS!

I mean whats a few hundred bucks to have the best?

I think im just going to pick up a set of Falken 512s.

Seem to have favorable reviews, not too expensive, and look nice.

On a side note I just took my car down to SC last week on balding snow tires... was an experience.

Went from 30* here to 83* there lol. Had to stop every now and then to let air out as it got progressively warmer.

As for the discussion on winter tires. I'm perfectly fine driving a 2wd truck with half-bald all seasons on it. But I want to be sure that my wife is safe and secure, so she gets snow tires and we all get peace of mind.

for summer tires I LOL'd at Jones' comment about the KDW2s. I did wear mine down to the cords, but DAMN were they loud their 2nd half of their life. I've got HTRZIII's now on the M3, but haven't had a ton of mileage on them to tell how they'll hold up. So far though I like them better than the KDW2s.

On my wife's car we'll likely use the Conti DWS's for her "summer" wheels and tires.