My new daily

Sully

Picked up this gem yesterday. 1991 CRX, 5spd, 240K on the body, 5K on the rebuilt engine, 40mpg. New tires, new exhaust, and a fresh half-assed Maaco paint job. A friend took me up to Romulus, Michigan (near Detroit) and I drove it back.

Paid $2,500 for it. It was a little more than I wanted to spend, and that's more than it books for, but I feel it's worth it. If you saw my other thread, my F150 gets 13mpg, and the TA is on storage insurance until mid to late April. This car will pay for itself in a year.

http://i267.photobucket.com/albums/ii316/OsuSully/CRX/CRX1.jpg

Congrats!

Thanks.

2.5k? :eek:

Yeah, I know. However, since it has a freshly rebuilt engine, I hope to get several thousand miles out of it. If I do, then it's well worth it.

I can't see pics (work firewall), but if the rust is minimal that's not too bad.

Last year for the CRX, correct?

Yes. In 92 it was replaced by the Del Sol.

looks clean. i miss actually seeing an old honda thats not all fucked up.

some smaller sized tires would be nice but its whatever. I like the new hubcap look lol

I thought the tires looked a little bigger than necessary as well. But they are brand new, so I'm not complaining.

I can see pics now...looks pretty good! Def a craptastic Maaco paint job...weatherstripping and everything!!! :lol:

Makes me miss my old '89 Civic hatch...you have a great vintage of Honda right thurr. Many happy miles to you...

Don't forget the runs in the paint. I know you can't see them in the pic, but they are there. That's what you get for a $230 paint job.

Picked up this gem yesterday. 1991 CRX, 5spd, 240K on the body, 5K on the rebuilt engine, 40mpg. New tires, new exhaust, and a fresh half-assed Maaco paint job.

http://i267.photobucket.com/albums/ii316/OsuSully/CRX/CRX1.jpg

I'll have to swing buy your work for that lunch we talked about. I never knew MAACO painted cars the color of my stove :D

I'll have to swing buy your work for that lunch we talked about. I never knew MAACO painted cars the color of my stove :D

I was just thinking about that the other day. I work noon - 8pm, so we'd have to meet up before I go into work, which I could do, just not this week. Maybe next week?

Wanna race my civic? It also has not been riced. Got it free down in florida and drove it back, was a 1 owner old man driven.

You don't want none of this, punk. I'll drag you and a neon around 270!!! :p

I was just thinking about that the other day. I work noon - 8pm, so we'd have to meet up before I go into work, which I could do, just not this week. Maybe next week?

Bump another week. My next two weeks have me a lot of places during the day but rarely Columbus. :( After that I should be home bound more though.

Bump another week. My next two weeks have me a lot of places during the day but rarely Columbus. :( After that I should be home bound more though.

HAHA, and then I'll be out of town the first two weeks of April. Perhaps after I get back from that trip.

Nice purchase! I just saw one of these at Home Depot yesterday and it had the typical rusted out rear fenders. I always liked the CRX and after seeing that one yesterday I started wondering what I could find a clean one for.

Looks ok...enjoy the miles per gallon I guess. I'm rocking the cheap DD too, mine was cheaper but gets low 20's with my nearly all city driving, but I can't complain for the price.

as long as your happy...

but for 2500 you could have got one nice [insert many cars here]

But it doesn't matter...and I wouldn't recommend a VW for his intentions, LOL.