If you are thinking about getting the Thunderbolt...

V8 Beast

• Replies 279
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The extended looks like crap

http://images.htcpedia.com/news_imgs/af/02/th_e7be85d34ceb5f071744413e194e_182x136.jpg

A few reviews have found its 4 hours of battery life in 4g. If you use it youll get like 3 hours. I have my phone hooked to a charger all day so I'm cool. Anyone that is away from a charger for more than 4 hours has to put it in 3g. I R Dissapoint with battery.

Ray, the speeds are the same as the droid 1 from my post on the first page when its in 3g.

I have no issue with the battery life. Manage to get 10-12 hours out of the battery.

edit-in 4g as well.

I wonder why yours lasts so long. When I get back I'll have to test some things out. I looked at 25 reviews and none of them got more than 8 hours.

Not sure how valid it is but I hear there is a bug in the Blockbuster app on the phone that causes it to constantly update movie listings therefore draining the battery at an incredible rate. Even if you never opened the app or not I hear it does this on its own.

Like most devices, it is usage dependent.

The harder you hit the 4g radio the the faster it will chew through battery.

If you just browse a few sites and play a few games, it's an all-day phone. If you pulled down 3GB+ of data in 1 day Like I did yesterday, it will DESTROY IT.

Think of it as toting around a cable modem...

Even 10-12 is terrible. That means you cant take it off the charger at 8am, go to work, and go to the bar and shut it down. 20 hrs should be a minimum to anyone thats on this forum for any phone.

Verizon needs a better way to manage their 4g network so it doesnt kill this phone. This is their EVO. And people are talking....very bad things about this phone. Thats not what verizon needs for their intro 4g phone.

If you pulled down 3GB+

I did this at work last weekend lol. I was on 4g and had a macbook pro wirelessly tethered torrenting a program. It was 4Gb. Needless to say, the phone was EXTREMELY hot.

Just sat back down from taking that clunker back.

Theres numerous posts on cell forums about the antennas being whack on these things. If you live in an awesome area you may have better luck then the rest of us that literally cant function with one.

I unplugged mine at 11am and by the time I got to the vzw store at 1221 it was down to 66% !!!! Like WHAT thheeeeeeee f*ck lol.

Just sat back down from taking that clunker back.

Theres numerous posts on cell forums about the antennas being whack on these things. If you live in an awesome area you may have better luck then the rest of us that literally cant function with one.

I unplugged mine at 11am and by the time I got to the vzw store at 1221 it was down to 66% !!!! Like WHAT thheeeeeeee f*ck lol.

Yeah, mine isn't nearly that bad, maybe you got a dud ?

Hell, with occasional use, I can charge it one night and skip a night....

I have noticed that when I turn wifi on, on my incredible, and associate. Web surfing, email etc... don't chew thru the battery. I am assuming the same applies. Dim the screen, lock it fast, wifi, sync every 30 minutes....

I may have gotten a dud who knows. Theres just tons of posts about massive antenna fail. The sad thing is, the 14 day return policy shoots down the fact that I wanted to keep that thing. If it had a 30 day I would have kept it, suffered and waited for any possible updates. No way in hell Im losing my upgrade discount for something that may never get fixed!!

I would wait on one of the dual core processor phones with 4g.

Bionics battery life is worse at the moment.

The simple truth is the more your phone works the more battery it will drain. Blazing speeds need blazing speed power. I have a charger at work, in my car, 3 at home, and its my secondary phone so Im gonna keep it. If you are the kind of person that needs a phone that will last for 2 days without a charge then every other phone on the market except this one is for you. But at the same time no other phone is powerful enough to give you a full signal on xbox live.

The update may give you an extra hour or two but nothing major. Either buy a seperate battery or keep a charger on you. The phone is badass, I was making calls in the middle of the swamp when my D1 and the wifes cosmos had no signal. Plus it takes pics like this!!!

http://i70.photobucket.com/albums/i89/xxtheonlyxx/IMAG0004.jpg

http://i70.photobucket.com/albums/i89/xxtheonlyxx/IMAG0052.jpg

Like John said you only have 14 days and this is the first VZW 4g phone so there will be problems that WILL surface. Do whats best for you.

I may have gotten a dud who knows. Theres just tons of posts about massive antenna fail. The sad thing is, the 14 day return policy shoots down the fact that I wanted to keep that thing. If it had a 30 day I would have kept it, suffered and waited for any possible updates. No way in hell Im losing my upgrade discount for something that may never get fixed!!

Why didn't you exchange it and start the 14 days over....root it, then see if the batt life is better. eVO was horrid until I rooted and used an abc kernel.

Did you turn anything off? GPS/data?

This phone lasts longer than my droid, and I use my phone a lot.

Been unplugged since 11am, moderate to heavy use, and has about 40% battery.

Where is the best place to go about finding info on rooting my Thunderbolt? I'd like to get rid of all the excess crap apps and keep stuff from running. I killed all the apps that were running last night when I plugged it in and this morning there are 14 running.