Took the boat out today

KennyFKINPowerz

I took the boat out to Buckeye lake today. Man I need some practice loading the boat on the trailer. Im glad nobody was there. Yep I was that ass hole everyone hates to have to wait on. Hopefully after taking it out a couple more times I will get it down better.

It has a couple issues though. The steering is really tough on it and its making some kind of noise. I know its not the motor, but it almost sounds like a rod knocking in the engine and got worse when turning. The motor runs like a champ though. It did stall on me a few time when I was loading it but I'll tune it up and see how that goes. It ran 40 mph out there. It seems like it has a little more in it if I get some of these bugs worked out.

Is this your first boat?

Also what issues were you having when loading?

You out the drain plug in :lol: ?

No its not my first boat but it is the first one in a long time. It was all my fault loading the boat. Just being a chicken shit and not coming in to the trailer fast enough so I screwed myself from the get go. And having the trailer to far in the water kinda screwed me also. I know what I was doing wrong now so I think I should be ok now.

Yes I did put the drain plug in. :)

I have a few mechanical issues though if you know anyone who does good work on boats.

i did the drain plug fuck up thing when i was like 18 or 19...i had a 14' boat and i put it in the water, my little brother was waiting with the boat, i went up and parked, came back down, he jumped in and water came up from the floor, and i went "FUCK!"...luckily the plug was right there...that boat took a good 10 min to drain sitting on the ramp. i felt like a jackass. never happened again though. haha

<----- Knows nothing about boating, anyone care to explain what drain plug does, when you need it in and out? I would venture to guess its to drain the boats water after you get out of the lake?

That is correct. You get water in the bottom of the boat preety easily so its to drain the water out....

Your boat goes sinky sinky if you don't put this plug in an run across the lake.... I made this mistake eight days after I bought my jetski :lol:

That is correct. You get water in the bottom of the boat preety easily so its to drain the water out....

Your boat goes sinky sinky if you don't put this plug in an run across the lake.... I made this mistake eight days after I bought my jetski :lol:

I will never forgot us Mother Fucking each other trying to get your ski to the dock. I still do this day have no idea why Sam should it would be a good idea to tie the rob to the hook on the back corner of my ski and not on the middle tow bar. I had ZERO steering. :gtfo:

I will never forgot us Mother Fucking each other trying to get your ski to the dock. I still do this day have no idea why Sam should it would be a good idea to tie the rob to the hook on the back corner of my ski and not on the middle tow bar. I had ZERO steering. :gtfo:

:lol: yea that day sucked..... thanks again though

Alpha

I just dropped it off at Shockwave to have it all checked out. He said its probably the same thing or possibly the gimble bearing. Did I say that right :).

the guy in pataskala? if so good luck lol. we had a lot of play in our steering and he told us that it was this or that was the problem. we had him replace both parts and it wasn't any better. lots-o-money down the drain and then the boat leaked because he messed up putting it back together and had to fix it.

Alpha

I just dropped it off at Shockwave to have it all checked out. He said its probably the same thing or possibly the gimble bearing. Did I say that right :).

A gimble bearing will make a growling sound that you will hear at idle, I've never seen one knock.

the guy in pataskala? if so good luck lol. we had a lot of play in our steering and he told us that it was this or that was the problem. we had him replace both parts and it wasn't any better. lots-o-money down the drain and then the boat leaked because he messed up putting it back together and had to fix it.

I hope I dont have those kind of issues with him. He pretty much rebuilt my buddys boat and he loves the guy. Thats the only reason I took it to him.